Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Sms To Become Cheaper ?

SMS to become cheaper ?

Indiatimes Infotech

NEW DELHI: One of the most popular mobile application, SMS, may soon become cheaper. According to a business daily, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has asked mobile operators to reduce SMS charges voluntarily.

According to the report, unlike voice traffic, the cost component in SMS is very low -- around 2 paise, however, most service providers either charge higher tariff for an SMS or almost comparable.

Quoting sources, the report says that TRAI has held negotiations with Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI), the apex body of GSM mobile operators, to convince them to slash SMS tariff, falling which it may have to intervene through regulation.

The move is being stiffly opposed by the service providers, as SMS makes for almost 50 per cent of their revenue.

Already battling lower Average Revenue Per User (ARPU), service providers argue that revenue from value added services are critical to their survival.

Incidentally, this is not the first time that TRAI has urged service providers to reduce the SMS cost. The regulatory body had asked operators to slash SMS rates two years ago too.

Yes my dear friends, if we calculate it comes to much more then 100 times. These operators are really looting subscribers.

Regards.

Ya... cost of an SMS is (in most plans) much higher than a voice call... which is really strange!!! Good to know that TRAI is noticing this...

And see the SMS charges in Roaming also my dear friends.

Vodafone the biggest looter is charging Rs.3.45 for every outgoing SMS while in Roaming.

God knows when did this loot been stopped.

Regards.

tata is the best as far as sms is concerned...

2 sms in 1 paisa...

^^^

Yes my dear Dev, Tata is the cheapest for Sms.

Regards.

i hope the fools in reliance do not change any sms rates for dapo plan as when trai declared for slash in roaming rates from that day onwards roaming is not adjusted against 400 minutes.

hope for good.

2 sms in 1 paisa...

कौनसे प्लान में ???

2 sms in 1 paisa...

कौनसे प्लान में ???

as u say, झुकती है दुनिया, झुकाने वाला चाहिए

go for the lets rock plan..

299 rs. pack, 3 years validity.. 10rs. talktime

T2T - 20p/10p per min

T2O - 60p/30p per min

STD - 2rs/1re per min

SMS (local and national) 20p/10p per sms

SMS international 5rs/2.5rs per sms

day/night (9to9)

1re. daily deduction from your main account applicable to maintain these rates for 3 years...

then simply recharge with 101 sms pack where u get sms worth rs.1500.... now here's the main thing.. according to customer care, u get 1500 sms, but according to many users, including me, u get sms worth rs.1500... that means u get 15000 sms during night or 7500 sms during day... i have considered the maximum.. during night 15000 sms in rs101... means 2 sms in 1 paisa..

and if u think 101 is too much for 30 days, u can go for 35 or 50 packs where u get sms worth rs.250 and rs.500 respectively...

that means in 35 pack, 2500 sms during night or 1250 sms during day

and in 50 pack, 5000 sms during night or 2500 sms during day...

but mind u, its only for local sms... national/international sms gets deducted from main account...

moreover, go for 111rs. special recharge, where u get tata calls WORTH rs.1111 free.. therefore, in this case, 11110 mins (night) or 5555 mins (day)

please try it at your own risk.. because may be this issue is fixed up by tata

Edited by devlovesall