Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
karpar

Cracked LCD

Hi guys!

I've got a crack in the screen of my LG RD 2030. It's something quite noticeable.

Has this happened to any of you guys???

Will they charge me for changing the LCD?

Should I take it to RWW or the LG Service Centre?

It has been my experience that teh RWW guys pack you off to the service centre even before listening to what the problem is with the phone! So I'd suggest you go there directly.

When I had visited the LG service centre here, they had put up a price list of parts/services on a notice board on the wall ...so you can check how you will be/have been charged. The SS should be able to give you that info on phone too.

Is it a crack on the top-most surface? or is it the crack on the LCD(if tht happens i guess, the liquid shud start flowing out)...

If its jus a crack on the top surface(which is glass), then LG service Center might charge u close to Rs. 350/- for replacement! :wacko: Worthless!

I saw body covers avl @ Rs. 130/- in Mumbai, and in that ur top glass also gets replaced! Try n find such in ur city!

OH?! :wacko: Chirag, you saw body covers that cheap in Bombay??? I asked about it in the LG service center because one of my friend's phone looks like its been to a war zone ...and they told me it would cost around 1000 bucks to change them! :wacko: And then too, battery remains the same as there is no cover on it... Any idea if these replacement covers are really good? How close would they be to the originals? :unsure:

I suppose its just on the surface coz there aren't any oozing fluids!

Jokes apart, that seems pretty costly, I mean, 350 bucks for a mere change of glass!

raccoon, my previous phone LG 2030 had duplicate body covers bought from a mobile phone accessory shop in mumbai. I paid around 200 for that and was available in different colours including the original white+silver and a host of other colours.

I found the quality to be near perfect and nobody could make out if it was non-original cover.

Karpar i suggest u go in for such OEM covers instead of paying 350 to reliance just for the plastic portion

btw, when we talk about liquid crystal displays (LCD's), there is a very very thin layer of liquid crystal inbetween two layers of polarised glass material . it is very very thin ... so there's no way liquid will ooze out of it... :wacko:

lol, Mahidhar, I definitely wasn't serious about the liquid oozing part!

I'm sure Chirag wasn't either...

Anyway, I'll check out with the Service Centre first and then hunt for body covers as I have seen them only for GSM Mobiles before...

But I don't see how the body covers will cover the crack in the glass unless they remove the glass?

raccoon, my previous phone LG 2030 had duplicate body covers bought from a mobile phone accessory shop in mumbai. I paid around 200 for that and was available in different colours including the original white+silver and a host of other colours. 

I found the quality to be near perfect and nobody could make out if it was non-original cover.

gtran_rocks, that sounds cool. But what about the battrey? I mean if you cant do anything about it, then the back side of the phone would still look sad, right? Unless you change the batts also ...which would cost another 750 at RWW & double at LG service centre!!! :wacko: