Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kandissa

Disable Tower Location Notification Popup

I live in an area with weak signal. Every once in a while when my 6800 gets signal, it provides a notification popup "Pune"

It occurs god-knows-how-many-times a day, and I am irritated as hell.

I guess some registry settings are needed to fix it. Can anyone please help?

Service Pop Up can be disabled in WM.

Service Pop Up can be disabled in WM.

How? :help:

Start/Settings/Phone /Services

or

Start/Settings/Sounds & Notifications

I had read it somewhere in forum to disable Pop Up in WM.

Dkaile had given complete procedure.

I hope Dkaile can help.

Nope, its built into the extended memory of the rom in mogul (and thats not visible in Sprint rom); you can either try custom rom where it is disabled (in say e.g. the older G rom of hetal) or it can be done by changing the smart dialler, will search further though...

Here, learn how to edit registry http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/howto/ho...e_registry.html

Some old registry tweaks, do at your own risk http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t...ry+notification

Edited by dkaile

@Dhiraj, The post mentioned above is difficult to understand (atleast for me)... if you have an easy proceedure or a step by step guide to disable the tower area notification, I would love to use it and thanks in advance for the same..

Cheers!!!

Like I said, Tower notification Popup disabling is not possible in original Sprint Rom... I am searching for some resolution... You can shift to some other rom if it is troubling you too much like Hetals Old G Rom or 20748 (if you had downloaded it before he removed it)...

Thanks Dhiraj... But im not a techie and it is difficult for me to use some other rom other than the original..

ou have also mentioned something about smart dialler... throw some light on it if require..!! :)

There are some diallers by installing which instead of the default Sprint Dialler, this notification stops, AFAIK, but which one, I do not know; you will have to do hit and trial; but I dont advise it... Wait for some time, I may find the registry entry from where it can be disabled....

okies Dhiraj... I shall wait.. thanks!!