Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
xytise

Is Lg-rd 2230 A Good Buy @ 2499 On Prepaid Scheme?

Hi,

There seem to be many posts regarding the other LG models except this one.. so I made this thread. :'(

Is this handset a good buy for voice only calls? (I know it doesnt support R-World but does support R-Connect.. I wont be needing either - cos my RD-2030 supports both)..

The thing is I intend to shuttle between two cities.. Mumbai and Bangalore quite often for business purposes, so it would make sense to purchase another handset in Bangalore so that I can receive incoming calls from my Bangalore associates in Mumbai and vice versa..(I already have a RIM for Mumbai).

The logic behind this is that my associates in Bangalore do not have to make outgoing STD calls to my Mumbai RIM no during roaming in Bangalore as it would be just a local call for them if I get a RIM for bangalore use..

So any opinions?

TIA

xytise

As far as your purpose is concerned, I think its the best option for you. Low entry price for prepaid and a break from the 'RD 2030 syndrome' too !

Quite agree... coz by ur description it seems tht its jus a simple need! U dont need it for playing arnd wid the handset! ;) Go ahead!

Hey everyone :'(

i have recently bought an lg2230 under the 2499/- offer .... 'm happy with the phone but the polyphonic ringtones on this phone **** bigtime. :(

i tried to get sms ringtones from my friends who use airtel and hutch but i never recieve the ringtones ..even though they were charged for sending it to me :) .... 've tried every big portal for ringtones but they are compatible only with hutch and airtel and few others but never with reliance....

if anyone can send me ringtones or gimme info as to how whr can i get em for this handset puhleeeeeeeeees let me know ... pls note this fone isnt R-world enabled ...doesnt make a difference since r-world ringtones **** too :P

'd prefer rockish tunes ...if anyone can sms me these get in touch 'll giv my number :o

*cheers*

Suraj,

You have to use 1234 services to get ringtones.

GSM rigntones are not supported.

* Send HELP to 1234 to view the list of SMS services offered.

You have to use 1234 services to get ringtones.

GSM rigntones are not supported.

when did 1234 start supporting ringtones via SMS!! News to me! Any more insight? Or is it just for RD2230 ?

Suraj, U cant get ringtones via SMS from GSM or CDMA Frnz! So ask them not to waste their money!