Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
karpar

Deleting New Topics...

Why aren't members allowed to delete New Topics that were started by them???

I mean, the thread I created below was to go into the Complaints/Suggestions section and was put up there by mistake. Now, I'm not able to move it!

That is, I can't delete it and post it under the right topic!

I am sorry, But we cant allow Members to delete their topics! In the past we've had weird experiences n hence closed that option. Incase u've done something wrong while creating a new topic, just edit/reply to the topic askin the Mods to move it appropriately...

Dunno if IPB supports that but on PHPBB I used to allow user to delete his own Topic if a reply has not already been made.

Dunno if IPB supports that but on PHPBB I used to allow user to delete his own Topic if a reply has not already been made.

Code,

I guess we dont have that feauture in this IPB.

Hope it will be there in the 2.0 public release :)

In the past we've had weird experiences n hence closed that option.
Code,

I guess we dont have that feauture in this IPB.

What are the means of these two different answers?

Say a user Starts a Topic and lots of useful discussion takes place. Now one fine(bad) day he/she gets emotional abusive or something and deletes all the topics started by him/her causing disaster to the forum - Got it ;)

Another bulletin board software called PHPBB has an option whereby deletion by user is allowed only if no replies have been made to it.

Hope I made it clear <_<

Code, what you say holds good for IPB too. I mean, IPB can offer it too.

Disaster is not going to strike if a user deletes a topic he/she created BEFORE any replies have been posted is it?

Yeah - I think it should be acceptable. Even if the user deletes all his/her topics without replies _ such one will be too few to cause significant harm.

Not to mention the rarity of this sort of an occurence in the first place!

Anyway, IPB scores the highest in the looks department and is very good in features too, am I glad the admins chose IPB for rimweb.com!

P.S.: I'm not working for IPB! ;)

Can anybody tell me what'll the benefit if members r allowed to delete New Topics that were started by them???

For this work Mods Hain Na!!!

I am sorry, But we cant allow Members to delete their topics! In the past we've had weird experiences n hence closed that option. Incase u've done something wrong while creating a new topic, just edit/reply to the topic askin the Mods to move it appropriately...

could u pls enlighten us on those wierd experiences. were they horrific or humorous? ;)

I guess everybody here is clear abt

"why members not allowed to delete New Topics that were started by them"

If so, we shall end this discussion.. ;)

I'm sure it was horrifying for the mods and humourous for the rest!

It wasn't humorous for the rest either! all of us lost some imp content! And hence tht feature is switched off. Anyways, once we have IPB 2.0 lets see if we could have wht CODE mentioned!