Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
compenn

LG 2030 Travel Charger

I purchased a travel charger for my LG RD2030 via invoice number 03004-ACR-3879 from a webworld in delhi on 1st september 2004. while purchasing the charger i got it opened & checked at the webworld itself & i noticed that the all the lights of the handset remain ON as long as the charger is plugged inside the handset. the reliance official who tested the charger told me that it was software version problem & i need to upgrade my s/w. i got the s/w upgraded from authorised LG service center but still the problem remains unsolved. The LG people told me that it is not a software problem & there is no harm even if the light remains ON.(though i got the s/w upgraded.)

i went back to the webworld & the officials there told me that they have no solution to the problem & there is no harm even if the lights remain ON.

i told them to give it to me in writing that i will face no problem even if the lights of my phone remain ON throughout the night while charging. they refused to do that.

I request all of u NOT to purchase a TRAVEL CHARGER as the phone starts heating up in 5 minutes on connecting the charger to the handset.

i've been told this happens in moon light phone also. they even dont have a desktop charger as it is not avilable any more.

I have written a compaint to the chairman's office 4 the same.

But in my case the lights didnt glow after i upgraded the software. Did you tried with anyother charger.

In this case the resolution has to be provided by LG Authorised service centre.

Log on to LGMOBILES.COM AND LODGE A COMPLAINT.

Not all chargers have this problem..

Well i had brought a local Travel Charger..

It never turned the light on automatically, when it was charging

Also it never made the phone get heated up in just 5 minutes

Maybe there is something wrong with your charger <_<

I'd say the heating effect is due to the backlight staying on ...may not be a seperate problem! Also, Lithium ion batts are not supposed to heat up while recharging. Compenn, If I were you, I'd create a lot of noise with LG ...no ways you should accept their ridiculous verbal assurances.

Hi all,

I have purchased a cheap (Rs.50/-) charger from Masjid Bunder, It works, but only problem is that while it is charging the battery display backlight remains on.

What could it be? it makes the function very slow.

regards

-prakash

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

I have the same problem with an aftermarket car charger for my LG RD 2030 and also a datacable I bought from ebay (that also charges the phone). I think it is a software problem because the following steps DO switch off the back light.

1. Plug in the charger first to the AC mains / car 12V cig. lighter output

2. Make sure keyboard is not locked. (Key Guard disabled)

3. Plug in the charger to the phone's dataport. (Backlight will come on and the batt. display will show a charging animation))

4. Press the End key repeatedly (not sure how many times is required)

5. Do not disturb the phone for the backlight timeout period.

U will notice that the back light goes off after some time.

If for any reason, power is interrupted (power failure / starting the car), the backlight will come on again and the above procedure will have to be repeated.

If somebody has a better solution to this problem with the 2030, PLEASE HELP!

- C D M A n -

Edited by Vishal Gupta

hi,

Do i need to keep the 'End key' pressed or press and release?

And if I keep it pressed it will Poweroff the phone, is that ok?

-prakash

I have the same problem with an aftermarket car charger for my LG RD 2030 and also a datacable I bought from ebay (that also charges the phone). I think it is a software problem because the following steps DO switch off the back light.

1. Plug in the charger first to the AC mains / car 12V cig. lighter output

2. Make sure keyboard is not locked. (Key Guard disabled)

3. Plug in the charger to the phone's dataport. (Backlight will come on and the batt. display will show a charging animation))

4. Press the End key repeatedly (not sure how many times is required)

5. Do not disturb the phone for the backlight timeout period.

U will notice that the back light goes off after some time.

If for any reason, power is interrupted (power failure / starting the car), the backlight will come on again and the above procedure will have to be repeated.

If somebody has a better solution to this problem with the 2030, PLEASE HELP!

- C D M A n -

Edited by prakashkadam

Guys my problem is solved.

Just connect the charger and push 'end' button once and leave it, backlight goes after sometime.

Hope it works for everyone.

-prakash