Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dhullazaran

Android OS on HTC 6800 (titan)

:smoke:

Dear RIMWEB People,

Today i was just going through internet and found this blog, in which they have successfully Installed Android OS on HTC Titan.

Please find the link

Android Ported to HTC Titan.

Hope the Pro Users will find this information very useful, and Others will be benefited with the same. :victory::dance::wOOtjumpy:

Thanks & regards,

:smoke:

How to get Google Android running on a HTC Mogul (aka Titan, PPC-6800).

Last update - 05.01.2009

To run Android on your’s Mogul you need:

1) Unzip this package to the root of SD Card (you should not replace data.img if you want to keep your settings)

2) Start “haret.exe” and press “Run”

Notes:

1) If you get errors while unpacking system.img or data.img - then unpack them by hand, rename if needed, and then run

2) Key mapping:

* D-Pad - Enter

* Win - Menu

* Ok - Enter

* Left softkey - Back

* Right softkey - Enter

* Voice Commander - Home

* Side Ok - Back

* Power - Volume Up

* Comm Manager - Volume Down

* Camera - Escape

* Wheel press - Enter

* Wheek scroll - up/down

* Email - switch to console

* Internet - switch to GUI

* Voice calls - fully works

* SMS - should work, I have not tested it

* Keyboard - fully works

* Front keys - works partially (D-pad direction is not detected)

* Power saving - power collapse works fine, hovewer panel if not turned off (need to find correct mddi data, if trying Vogue’s - panel cannot be turned on after sleep)

* Internet - works ok, hovewer connection need to be restarted manually if disconnected

* Battery meter and charging - works ok, but not well calibrated (gives me 97% while phone is fully charged)

* Touch screen - works ok, but not well calibrated

* Sound - works ok

* WiFi - does not work

* BlueTooch - have not tested

* IrDa - have not tested

* Camera - does not work

* GPS - does not work

Tips:

* Hold Home button to show recent tasks

* Use Togga application to turn internet on/off, it is in data.img. You can also get if from Togga Application Code from Google

* To install an application, put it into AndroidApps (letter case matters!) forder on a root of SD Card.

Download:

sorry, file is moved to depositfiles as my site is about to reach bandwidth limit

full package: is here

patch for Vogue’s kernel:: patch against last commit

Link

(Source from:- Android For Titan)

:hi2:

Thanks & Regards,

Another techie in the making...

Google Opens Up Android Codebase:-

(Source:- Slashdot)

"It's official: Google has Open Sources Android. The source code can be downloaded from Android's Git repository. Bugs are handled at the Google Code Android project page with documentation being handled by a collection of Google Site pages. One of the more interesting aspects of Android seems to be the seemingly Eclipse Foundation-like organization of the project, welcoming both

Individual and Commercial developers into the Android development pot. One of the benefits of this arrangement is securing the existence of the project by involving commercial interests and their money in the process ... this is also one of the downsides; having commercial entities charter and lead features of a platform that their own commercial offerings provide 'enhanced' versions of, sometimes leaving the free offering always lacking in one obvious way or another. It's hard to say at this point how involved Google will be in this process, or the Open Handset Alliance in general, with managing the health of sub-projects under the Android umbrella as time goes on."

hey Mr Dhulla we have this info already, and some of forum members already tried this.

hey Mr Dhulla we have this info already, and some of forum members already tried this.

Sadik Bhai,

Just updating.

If you have thats fantastic.

Looking forward for the things.

i had loaded this a few days back ...its just that u have a superficial layer of android but deep down its etill windows mobile ...

i prefer running windows mobile on mogul

Just updating.

fantastic.

Keep the good work going.

We need more techies ;)

i got error

failed

no partition found on sd card

/bin/sh: can't access tty; job control turned off

Modify the startup.txt and the rootfs to an older image. Google and you will find linux kernels from Glemsom.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk