Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Puneet

Rx-tx Monitor

Hello techies,

I have another query for you enlightened souls of RIMweb :) The wife is working on a Java application which communicates with a wireless device, and she has run into some problems with loss of data packets. The person who is working on the firmware part of the device thinks that the problem is with the port buffer on the computer/application side, so she needs to monitor the communication lines to pin point the problem.

And her exact question is:

Is there a software to monitor Rx and Tx Lines, and also some write up for Rx and Tx.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance :)

Hi Puneet

Being Java as Slow Framework you might have been comming with Event Override Issue.

Generally we make Serial Port Application with Event Driven Module and when the Serial Data Received Events is fired we trap that event and pas that Serial Port as sender Object to New Called Procedure.

Now when Called Procedure tries to read the Data it have have been Over Written if any New Event is Fired

In this Case you have to Trap the Fired Event and Read All Serial Data into Event Arguments and Pass Object and Event Arguments to called Process. I thing for Serial Port 8K Bytes Buffer is Sufficient but if the Processor is Slow we can even require higher Buffer. For Further Query please take my Email address from Arun

Thanks Hetal. Though I did not understand even a word of what you said, am sure my wife would be able to make sense out of it.

I think I have your email id on my GMail - you sometimes show up as online on my Google talk :) I'll pass on your email address to her, and she may contact you if she needs more help. And thanks again man.

You posted the right question on the right spot ... hetals views seconded :)

Lol i was about to reply that QxDM will help, but dont know what all hetal says.

hope it solves the problem.

HP knows everything. :P