Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nikhil010586

Blackberry With 802.11 Wlan

Hi All,

I scoured through the threads for almost all the Smartphones for Reliance but could not find an ultimate solution to meet my requirements.

I'm in search of a handset that shall provide a good Wireless LAN hardware so that I don't have to rely upon RConnect for my internet requirements. I'm not so much interested in going for an HTC. I've made up my mind for a Blackberry but they don't have a Wi-fi connectivity. Can anyone suggest a good handset that can be used on Reliance CDMA networks along with a Wi-fi connectivity? Let me know if there's anything other than Blackberry which can get me through..

Cheers,

Nikhil.

Is there any reason why you wouldn't choose a HTC? The HTC Mogul 6800 would have been great to use WiFi.

^

I second that... Its a rock solid device better than any blackberry...

Edited by dkaile

WM any day better than blackberry. Unless you need real push mail.

u wont find wifi in cdma bb

Hey guys, thanks for replying! Sorry for a late reply here...

Well, its not about the Push Mail... And I'd like to stay away from any Microsoft technology as far as possible. Blackberry amuses me for its looks and QERTY keyboard specially! Hence thinking of buying one...but could not find a good match to suit my requirements. Has Palm got something to offer in CDMA... something like I can get a non-reliance CDMA phone and get it flashed for RIM?

I also understand that Palm Treo 700P is a CDMA device. Can this be used with Reliance networks?

I also checked out Palm Pre due launch in June. Must say, it's the best of the beast! I wonder if we could use it with RIM.

Blackberry 8820 GSM handset has Wi-Fi . Its looks exactly like 8830 but only gsm and wifi, no CDMA.