Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
jaideepmukherji

Inspiron 1525 Laptop Sim Slot

I have Inspiron 1525 and discovered that I have SIM slot under the battery compartment. Got excited to know more. Called DELL which is HELL getting the toll free number and technical support. Finally got the tech.support and they say that this is only in UK. Why on earth then this laptop sold with this feature in India? Any one can give me tech. support and advice what is the use of SIM Slot in the laptop and which operators SIM can be inserted to make the best use of it? :confuse:

This sim slot is for ur internet usage. like if u have internet u can can put it in ur laptop and surf using EDGE GPRS.

I think we have these in mumbai also.

This sim slot is for ur internet usage. like if u have internet u can can put it in ur laptop and surf using EDGE GPRS.

I think we have these in mumbai also.

Dear Sadikk, Greetings and finally I have someone on earth who knows the reason why it is there. COuld you further explore to let me know which operator (like AIRTEL, VODAFONE) configures well with DELL. What type of changes I need to make on my laptop to get connected to the EDGE / GPRS. Very much looking forward for your valuable response.

I think its for 3G support and not for edge; hence not usable in India at present...

Dear Sadikk, Greetings and finally I have someone on earth who knows the reason why it is there. COuld you further explore to let me know which operator

Thanks

u can use all kind of GSM sims in it.

@ Dkaile

If u have 3G u can use it or else it will go for EDGE.

settings??....i have tried to insert SIM...but i am unable to detect how to use

People how to use it????

even i have it on my Vostro

u will need its software. check ur modem and see for similar modem and make connection using it.

settings??....i have tried to insert SIM...but i am unable to detect how to use

People how to use it????

even i have it on my Vostro

I too have the same problem. We need some more tech,. support on this line. Any one please help. Tiried of DELL tech. support.

^^^

If some facility is present and which is not provisioned for use in India, how will the technical people help you out? You can only seek some hacker's help to get it running. Not only DELL, even Nokia does not help if such facilities are locked. And the CC execs cannot go out of the way to help you out as their jobs will be at stake. So even if they know the way out, there will be no illumination from their side.

The SIM slot is ment to be used with DELL wireless 5520 card, which is a WWAN card,

This is available internally, depending on ur configuration(i dont have it),

its is for 3g data service....WCDMA/UMTS....so most probably the card will be missing on all Indian laptops...

for 3G on CDMA Dell Wireless 5720 card/module is used...

Edited by SUDYEcaZ