Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ami1

Treo 755p Problem - No Sound!

Am facing a strange problem on my treo 755p - the speaker/mic have stopped working suddenly and I can neither hear the other caller nor can they hear me.

If I use handsfree (WIRED) then things work properly. Surprisingly, Bluetooth headset doesn't work.

After some trial & error I've found that there's an option in Volume Care called 'bypass headset jack'. If I select this option then the phone works for around 2-3 seconds i.e. if I call someone I can hear the first 1-2 rings and then it stops working.

The option for speakerphone also only appears for 2-3 seconds and then disappers. Even if I select it after making a call, it disappers after 2-3 seconds. Also with volume care bypass headset jack option I can hear any music i play (continously - not just 2-3 seconds) however, without this option enabled even music sound doesn't come out of the speaker, although ringtones can be heard.

I have tried restoring old images through nvbackup, but the problem is still there even if I use an image without any apps etc. i.e. the original image when I had got the palm.

Incidentally, this had happened 3-4 months back also, but it got fixed after a few hours on its own. No such luck this time, its been 2 days and the problem still continues.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong ? Has anyone else faced such a problem ?

FIXED

Am replying to my own post just to put the solution to the above issue on record for anyone else who might search:

This seems to be a very frequent problem with Treos as the audio jack has some problems. People using wired headsets may want to stop/restrict the use. The headset jack in treo gets stuck it seems and even when you don't have the headset plugged in, the audio/mic will be redirected to the (non existent) headset and you'll get no sound/mic during calls. Also the speakerphone icon will disappear and bluetooth headsets will also not work.

One solution is to use software like volumecare which has an option to 'bypass audio jack' (in advanced section). However, this may not always work (like in my case, only the music players started working but not calls etc). VolumeCare has a separate license/solution requirement for this option - so it works on 2 day trial only (even if VC is SOLVED). You can also try headcold for the same function, which is opensource.

Permanent/Good solution (Caution: requires opening the Treo !) is given here at treotricks:

What worked for me is to start a music player and then fiddle inside the audio jack socket (bottom of treo) with a toothpick/pin.

(with treo screen facing you, there's something on the right hand side of the hole which has to be lifted/pushed a little) You will suddenly be able to hear the music which means the jack is unstuck now and you should be able to make calls etc. Had to do 3-4 times as sometimes music could be heard but calls couldn't be heard. Fixed finally.

Another simple option seems to be to use a electronic circuit cleaner liquid - dip an audio jack in it and put it into the treo a few times and wait for some time.

However, the only permanent solution is only to replace the audio jack on the treo or solder like in the treotricks link above.