Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chitshar

New Airtel Broadband Tarrifs

airtel has just revised the broadband tarrifs.

1)freedom1699-1mbps unlimited with 100 mins of calls free.

2)freedom2999-2mbps unlimited with 300 mins of calls free.

3)turbo1299-512 kbps in Day/ 1 Mbps in Night unlimited with 100 mins of calls free.

4)velocity2999-8mbps with 50gb limit(looks a reasonable limit) with 300 mins of calls free.

5)velocity4999-16mbps with 100gb limit(looks a pretty decent limit) with 300 mins of calls free.

these plans are foe delhi circle but similar plans are available for other circles also. just updated my plan to freedom 1699 :P .

so people what do you think about these plans?

All plans are listed here: http://www.airtel.in/experience/

Very good plans indeed, I hope other providers will follow suit soon

• Like 1

Are they following the FUP thing?

^

No, Plans listed unlimited have always been and are still are unlimited on Airtel.... I am still on an old 999/- 383Kbps plan which gives me 45-50kBps download in the day and 60-70kBps download at night.... unlimited....

Source

Internet services provider Bharti Airtel is all set to launch a price war in the broadband segment, with plans to offer high bandwidth at low prices.

Its main competitors – the government-owned Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) and Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) have said that they would offer services at lower than Bharti prices.

“If our private competition reduces tariff, then we will certainly react and have a look at our tariff,” said MTNL director (technical) Kuldeep Singh. “We are always more competitive than our competitors.”

The company is planning to offer speeds up to 8 Mbps for home users. Currently, MTNL offers broadband speed up to 2 Mbps.

BSNL is also set to lower its tariff. “New plans are being finalised and we will soon announce them,” said a BSNL official who did not want to be identified. “Our plans will be much lower than our competitors.”

Yes, I just saw on the above mentioned http://www.airtel.in/experience/ site that they have reduced rates further and now 1099/- is giving you speed of 512Kbps Unlimited (earlier it was 384Kbps). WOW...

tough compitition ahead.

wait and watch

Ideally by we should be getting at least 8Mbps Unlimited for around 1K.... by minimum international standards... which right now they are giving for 3K with a 50GB limit... I foresee it happening within 12-18 months max....

Edited by dkaile

:previous:

Good. I just want to move from 256kbps to 512kbps now, once bsnl reduces the tariff. got bored using 256kbps for the last 2.5 years..

2000-2005 = 56kbps

2005-2006 = 128kbps

2006-2009 = 256kbps

2009-xxxx = 512 kbps

Edited by savramesh

^

No, Plans listed unlimited have always been and are still are unlimited on Airtel.... I am still on an old 999/- 383Kbps plan which gives me 45-50kBps download in the day and 60-70kBps download at night.... unlimited....

there is FUP on all of these plans... for this plan there is a limit of 75GB

the turbo 1699 plan has a limit of 100GB... i have confirmed the same from CC and their website also clearly mentions it now...

^

No, they cant change my plan; because officially there is no 999/- plan now; I am on that plan for the last 2 years and they cant change any terms and conditions of that plan, till I change it... I have just confirmed this from their CC also that there is no FUP on the old plans ...

Also in the above website, it is clearly written on the 1099/- 512Kbps plan that Data Transfer Limit is Unlimited - http://airtel.impati...xplore1099.html .... where is it written that there is a FUP, kindly let me know... so that I may again start one more crusade... lol...

Correction: I also spoke to CC about this matter and they have confirmed that if I change my plan now, FUP will come into play and on this plan there is FUP after 100GB on 512Kbps Plan, where after only my speed will be halfed but there will be no charges...

Edited by dkaile

OT- sorry,

I have 2 BSNL connections - one at my home and one at my office. The home one is in my personal name and the office one in my company name. Both are in Plan 500C. 2 days back, someone from BSNL called me and said that Plan 500C is only for personal use and that there was a mistake by the telephone exchange in allotting the particular plan 500C to my office account. They want to put this in Plan 700 which is for business users. I refused her and told her I would prefer surrendering the connection and go in for Airtel. She said OK. See the bureaucratic attitude of BSNL. Now I am on Plan 500C since January 2009. I don't know how they operated for almost 7 months without noticing that this is a business number. Suddenly they woke up and now they are also willing to let me surrender my connection.

I will wait for Airtel's new tariff plans and surrender both my BSNL connections.

^

Airtel's Voice Tarrif are costly now -

Local Calls(Airtel to Airtel- Fixed line & Mobile) @ Rs 1 for Surf 899 and Explore 1099 Plans.

For all other plans @ 75 paise.

STD @ Rs 1 for all plans

Pulse: Local Fixed line -180 sec, Local Mobile-60 sec, STD-60 Sec

Speed subject to Airtel's Fair Usage Policy

Activation Charges Rs 500/-

Installation charges for WiFi modem - Rs 1000/-.

Installation charges for any other modem Rs 500/-

That is why I am not changing my plan as of now, because I am on an old 700 Plan with 49 Top Up whereby whole Delhi and NCR from Meerut which is in West Up circle (any operator any number) is local @Rs1 for 180 sec. pulse and also all Airtel Nos (mobile and landline) all over India are also Local @Rs1 for 180 sec. pulse. Also I get Free Talktime of 750/- on this 700 plan.

Edited by dkaile

I do not use much of BSNL voice in any case... Since I have around 10 RCOM connections, all voice is from any of these. SO, Airtel also will be used only for data mostly. If there is any other alternative ISP without LL, it is welcome. As long as I get it for Rs 500 pm at both places, I am game with about 2GB download and 2mbps speeds.

I will wait for Airtel's new tariff plans and surrender both my BSNL connections.

wait for bsnl's new broadband tariff. i think bsnl will be good for ur home use..

Thanks savramesh for your suggestion...

:signthankspin: