Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chirag

Experiences at RWW..

Well i thot i shud just simply pen down my experience today at Rel WebWorld coz this was the time i was goin to a webworld after almost 5-6 months! Since i was wid a frnd so we went to an ORANGE(HUTCH) shop(outlet) too...

Well it so happened, that my frnd's dad wanted a new mobile since he had lost his earlier one. He felt rather than spendin money for a new one, he can go for a Rel connection tht wud give him a handset n a connection both. And moreover he had heard enuf of its low rates too...

So my frnd and myself went to the closest RWW at Khar(Mumbai). Well due to lack of space and high real estate market i guess, no webworlds in Mumbai tend to have more than 3 service desks(except for the LowerParel(main) one which has some 10 desks). Well i say, these 3 desks are less only becoz of the shear huge no. of its customers...

No doubt the waiting time was some 10 mins to get across to a desk but there was an in-house coffee shop (JAVA GREEN) in the webworld n hence it wasn't so painful to wait!

All that i read at the forum everyday abt billing problems etc etc... was all there on ppl's faces right in front of me... and sad faces of customers for billing errors and to add on sader faces of the cust care reps for the slow server and tht they hardly had any answers for all the queries...

our turn came n we wanted to purchase a colour handset to which we were told that colour handsets are "out of stock" and on inquiring when it wud be avl, they said it wud be avl maybe by month end or next month!! (Nice strategy to push the camera phones :D )... Adding to this the cust rep said tht 'maybe' Samsung color handset was out of production. This was news to me!! and LG 7130 was out of stock!

After all this my frnd wanted to decide to go for a B/W handset only after consulting her dad... so we walked out...

We moved to the ORANGE shop which happened to be close by.. Let me tell u guys.. I am not favoring some company or something... but this is a first hand experience... My frnd wanted to convert her own prepaid to billing coz of the new impressive rates of billing... so here it is...

Interestingly, ORANGE had 1 reception desk and some 4 customer desks... u r given a token at the reception desk and asked to wait for ur turn. Well we were told tht the wait wud be 10 mins.. It turned out to be 30 mins... we had to finally leave coz our token no was far frm coming in the next another 30 mins... But we made it a point to collect a billing tariff card so tht next time when we come, we r prepared wid the choice of tariff plan.

On our way back, this is wht i noticed in the tariff card, "Every damn stupid service is charged for"... Call conf = Rs. 25 /- .. CLIP = 25-49/- Call Divert = Rs. 25/- VoiceMail - 6/min and etc etc.... Their plan 149 is so expensive. u can compare it wid our RIM Prepaid charges...

At the end, i felt we r in such a better position with absolutely low call rates and kinda better service. Other operators too have plenty of problems with their customer and network services.

I can clearly see the huge 70 lakh customer base as the only hindrance in RIM's service. And not to forget their Bad Billing system. There are quite some glitches in it... Once they make good of it, we'll be surely at an advantage!!

I think this has been just too long a post... But i urge u'll to write ur experiences at RWW and other operator outlets in this thread.... Lets compare ourselves and figure it out...

Reliance does provides good services like r-world, but i could never get a clear reply from the RWW...

Last time i received an sms saying my std's blocked as i dint pay...

i got this before i got my bill and before the due date stated in the sms. this happened at evening 7pm..

And i was told to pay the bill immediately.. i dressed up and went to webworld...

Wat i see is 4 guys round a table in full swing music of film "BOYS" :D .. some shouting movie facts...> :)

They made me visit the whole area from one section to another.. And to pay the bill it took around 1 hour...

After paying i was told to visit another guy to get the receipt....

When i asked my receipt, tat guy started enquiring where i was living, how i came.. and all... Finally he took the time to ask my bill amount.. and gave me the receipt

And when i asked my token no..

they went in came baq after another 15mins saying i dont need the token no.. its was a mistake in sms :wacko:

Maybe i am the only or maybe i am one among many to face such a situation

This is so called good service from my experience in RWW :rolleyes:

Hey dont generalise. The fact remains the service provided by RWW is unparallel not only in telecomm industries but also in total indian industrial scene. No company has more than 800 signature brand shops spreding all over india

no company gives such front end customer solutions. If u have some example please feel free to site it

well i have no prob with reliance web world, i have a good guy here at my web world and he is always helpful, and always explaining the pros and cons of each new set, policy, plans and everything else. he would talk to me even during his lunch time, and im really pleased with "his" service, i dont talk to anyone else on web world so i dont know much bout how others feel.

but i think their customer care on help line do need some more training, they r unable to answer my questions sometimes, and most of the time all they have to give is a written down reply

Well.... Alot of things are very individualistic in nature. U might be really hurt by the way a person at RWW talks to u maybe... and we easily associate that person to the Company. But it maybe that person's character trait to talk that stupid way. And tomo if u talk to Anil Ambani or someone in their family u might feel that they are top brass.... So its all pretty individualistic.

As ashok pointed out that if there is someone at RWW who talks nonsense wid u... u just simply shun him down at that moment itself and make him understand that he is representing a multi million dollar company and his every action is being associated with the company. So he better take care of wht he speaks. Sometimes it so happens, that some ppl might enjoy such kind of talks and some dont ... So that executive might be just trying to get frndly wid customers...

frenz believe me, it happens jus everywhere... Its not just at RWW :)

We at RWW try to create a youthful and energetic ambiance. And try to build up a culture of customer orientation and providing quick solutions to the problems. I admit we have to go a long way in achieving what we set out to achieve. There are exceptions in every system. Please don’t go by those

So he better take care of wht he speaks. Sometimes it so happens, that some ppl might enjoy such kind of talks and some dont ... So that executive might be just trying to get frndly wid customers...

frenz believe me, it happens jus everywhere... Its not just at RWW ;)

hi,

I dont mind getting friendly..

but u know they were like testing my patience..

they made me spend more than a hour to pay a bill. it was getting later for me to get home too.. I had to roam about one guy to another to ask them to get my bill..

then after all this will u be in a mood to have a friendly talk?

Well i was not in :D ?

I admit we have to go a long way in achieving what we set out to achieve.

i dont think it is the prob. coz at my web world i have no such problems, and i have never been turned away without a solution yet. so i think it is up to the individuals who work at each web world to do their job.