Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ace_mobius

Enabling Gps In Htc Tp Cdma

Which rom is that in which location settings by default are set to off?

Anant :signthankspin:

Working perfectly now! God bless you and the forum you referred us to!

Finally!!! :) I have got my GPS up and running and that too without having to do a hard reset. The issue was a really simple as I had not enabled the Location Settings to be ON. By default, this option seems to kept at OFF.

Ankit, (and for others who are still having problem in updating QuickGPS or if they are not getting a satellite fix) please view this link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=445696

I think this should fix the problem.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me fix this issue.

^^

thats what I was thinking; I havnt seen a rom in which Location settings is set to OFF, UNLESS u have fiddled around with it...

Dhiraj, it was set to OFF by default and unless I am mistaken, even in Ankit's case it would have been set to OFF on default.. correct Ankit?

^^

thats what I was thinking; I havnt seen a rom in which Location settings is set to OFF, UNLESS u have fiddled around with it...

Anant is right

All later 6.5 builds of Mighty Mike for Pro has Location setting default as OFF.

It is not clear why has has chosen so. But it is OFF for sure.

Also please update me on the stability of the latest build since earlier I found his earlier 6.5 builds to be somewhat laggy and buggy.

Yaa... with so many cooks around, the kitchen gonna be upside down.... lol... well its impossible to try all roms, anyways... i prefer sticking to sprint roms, where everything works by default... perhaps am getting older... dont have the patience to keep messing my phone and then searching for solutions...

Dhiraj still you are far ahead of many techies like me who are all thumbs when it comes to new gadgets and technology :)

@ Shantanu, I have found this build to be very stable (just once or twice I had to do a soft reset as the Touch Pro was unresponsive) and as far as the lag is concerned, I am not the best judge as this is my first high-end mobile I am using (the earlier one was a Nokia 3105 which I used for more than 4 years :P ).

Yup, it was set off by default!

And as far as Mighty Rom 6.5 is concerned, trust me... IT s**ks! Don't go in for it

Anant is right

All later 6.5 builds of Mighty Mike for Pro has Location setting default as OFF.

It is not clear why has has chosen so. But it is OFF for sure.

Also please update me on the stability of the latest build since earlier I found his earlier 6.5 builds to be somewhat laggy and buggy.

@ace_mobius

this gps thing had got me going mad!!! thanks for the simple solution buddy!!!