Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raju_a

Android Handsets

- droid eris does have gps, but you cant root it

sooner or later Eris rooting will come for sure as 2 Dev members stop working on it due to some reason... but they resumed work now.. just a matter of lil time..

Rooting is not necessary for all end-user though.. its for hi-tech users only those who understand what they are doing..

Droid Eris and Sprint HEro is same phone... with minor cosmetic hardware changes.. and thats it..

are u sure ? because just some time back mufaddal said he was using one? on reliance i think? please confirm. thanks.

He got one phone, but its not activated on reliance...

htc hero and droid eris are almost identical in hardware with few cometic differences

but major end user difference is that hero is rootable where droid eris is non rootable

also one would have hiccups setting data on htc droid eris ( may be for evdo)

so overall htc hero is better choice over droid eris

as far as motorola droid is concerned , i own one , and its better than hero and eris anyday

only problem is that motorola isnt that hacker freindly as htc

mufaddal if i get a motorola droid will u be able to help me get it on reliance? on data thru the L1 plan and all? u said it wasnt very hacker friendly. but with the latest rooting and all is it possible if i get an unlocked phone? i read that the unlocking and usage is possible for 1x but nnot evdo.. it reverts back to verizon when u restart it. since we are only using 1x here. can it be done for that and used for data and voice n sms? i read that someone in mexico has done it but charges 75$ for cracking the evdo and all. so sooner or later it will get shared on forums. hope u can make it work for reliance here? i have L1 plan.thanks

Edited by sunny1974

Dear Doctor,

Please let us know in what ways the motorola one is better than the htc ones.This will help others.

any news for the motorola droid.. i almost ordered it.. from what i read it shd work on 1x with reliance? please advise soon as i have a deadline to order it. thanks.. i read sadik is using it fully on relaince..with sms, calls and relmobile world..?

Do not order it.. it cant be activate as of now...

Cellwala is using Motorola Droid on Reliance.. Exclusive and only Handset

in india on Reliance.. Congratulate us guys :) This is not for sale...

U cheer our success.. and we keep the exclusivity... ;)

??

if 1X is working then voice, data, and sms shd work? Evdo is the only one left to be cracked on forums? but we dont need it on reliance? i understand motorola is much more difficult to program than htc but is possible if u follow steps?

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593533&page=1&pp=15

t button, HW virtual port, after usb driver,qspt, prl etc etc??? they say it will add 1X and sms.. as of now??

thanks..

^^^ Exclusive and only Handset

Very confusing :confuse:, :Confuso:

^^^

tumhe samajh nahi ayega

kuch baatein batayi nahi ja sakti :winko:

^^^

tumhe samajh nahi ayega

kuch baatein batayi nahi ja sakti :winko:

i was hoping for a better answer..

quoted from muffadal s post on the other thread.

yes i m, of the same view as you

according to me RIMWEB has just become a market place with more and more leechers

i dont see any seller posting any hacks , tutorials or any tricks

people come here expecting we provide them solution for the handsets , they take that solution and then start minting money , and when it comes to their turn to share any info they just turn their back or start asking for money

this isnt good for any forum

the admin should empahasize on openess of forum , and people should post technical stuff ,rather than non sense topics

as far as howard goes our forum will never be howard forum

when people dont share stuff then a forum can never be successful

same thing is happening even with mobile files forum , bcoz of all leeching and zero contribution hackers have started hiding their solutions

i beleive and will always beleive in qualitative posting rather han quantitative posting

it would be nice to see with fellow members start posting good technical stuff , be it anything , tips , tricks , roms , apps etc

also one more thought

Hetal started the concept of Techie enclave

it was meant to be purely for technical devs who can work underground without the fear of reliance or anyone

but now i see that almost half forum is a member of techie enclave , people who r not technical/noobs

also are over there

all forums have an underground section for devs , but their admission policies are very strict , its not for evryone

but over here its very flexible , i urge the admin group to stop taking noobs and non technical members to techie enclave

PS : i m not against any seller , infact i m happy to see that atlast there is some competition begining to occur in sales section

what worries me is that in these selling things we have stopped posting technical stuff , which is essence of any forum

or this!!!!

in india on Reliance.. Congratulate us guys This is not for sale...

U cheer our success.. and we keep the exclusivity..

is this answer to keep exclusivity? or technical reason.. ive been on this forum for less than 3 years now.. and i do get here when its time to change a handset.. but when i did change it last time ..i got a ppc 6700 from sadik.. i was active here for quite some time.. i only stopped when most people moved on to 6800 and so on..and there wasnt much 1 could comment about..i do believe in sharing knowledge whenever one gets the oppurtunity.

i was just trying to get some help to know about the techinical details about a new handset which im sure goes about the spirit of rimweb.. and also which im sure most people would love to know about.. i do understand its not easy to program motorola handsets but then it would be nice if someone gave me some technical details or atleast some idea about the reasons it cannot be done.

@sunny1974,

I agree to your view to a certain extent but must say some memebrs with whom i interacted are helpful like Mufi (Doc), Dkaile. But as u said once the handset flavour changes, there is hardly any help for ppl using the previous handset. Right now am facing the same problem with my Diamond. I have posted a request for help on the HTC Diamond topic but there has been hardly any reply for over a fortnight.

Guys dont take it to heart just posting what i feel and noobies feel.

raju

I cant disclose it in open forum.. its not about sharing.. its about service providers DogWatch here.. :)

and trust me guys i am using it.. though another handset is not possible as of now..

so my bad that i share it with my facebook fans??

^^^

You have given temptation to rimweb users !