Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
me_saket

Omh Sim Card Are Avilalbe With Tata Indicom

Today i have visited to tata indicom outlet, :Chulo:

and i saw OMH sim card are avialble with them :Sorprendido:

It was costing RS99

they are MEID+OMH sim card , with DIMOND logo only on sim card, and outer cover packet..

And handset change card(INSTA CHANGE CARD :) ) was bundaled with it.

when i read instucation back side ;)

This card can be used for either prepaid or postpaid.

then he said, i can chage ur SIM esn without using this card...

So i got an idea :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :Sorprendido:

will post soon if working.

To enable EVDO on imported evdo handset/upcoming olive mobile..

i dont hav much knowledge...

my mogul was kept aside... i want to use it with new tata indicom connection

plz let me know the procedure...i know the process to install tata settings ...but those tata ppl saying that hand set change cards are not available(stopped by tata it seems) ... plz help me

^^^

i had told u another trick also , did u try that

mufaddal bro .. thanks for the reply ...

bro i dont know how to change e$n bro ... and now i want to use mogul with new tata connection bro :(

my 10 days used mogul taking rest in the cupboard for the past 6 months :( ...if any 1 is intrsd will sell it off.....

if i m not mistaken u r already on TE , look up over there

people, who are using Samsung Corby Speed (CDMA), are getting EVDO support by using Tata Network.

Is there a way to use EVDO on our Diamond (Tata) ?

b/r

S@N

:previous:

yes thr is way.

1)If u want EVDO to be enabled on any handset.

or

2)u want PHOTON+ tariff/services to be used in any SIM/non-SIM based handset,

then u can use following trick.

First

change ur sim to omh, ask them to do ESN chage directly from syste, and not from insta chage card.

get it activated from corby handset dialing *228,

then inster that sim to any evdo enabled phone.

or if it is non sim ,then use insta chage card supplied with it.

Second

from tata photon+ prepaid or postpaid,

Follow proceudure given in insta chage card

and tranfer ur number to OMH sim/ evdo enbled handset.

and enjoy photon tariff in ur handset.

I will post my experince soon.

hope u understnad this.

Thanx Sanket,

Need one clarity, since we are using Diamond (non-Sim based) on tata network then how OMH Sim will help us to configure EVDO on Diamond.

Any user who succeed to configure it and can share the steps :)

b/r

S@N

its is sure that on OMH ruim u can activate EVDO thru samsung corby

but r u sure that changing no from OMH to non sim based imported handset will still retain EVDO ??

has anyone tried this

@Saket ....

have u tried this trick on any imported Non Ruim handsets .. ?

@chitan

i don't have any imported handset., so can't try.

@mufaddal

I am sure that if we chage MDN from OMH sim to imported h/s,

u won't loose any EVDO services.

will post details soon, if i would be able to do :Chulo:

^^^

i had told u another trick also , did u try that

can u tell trick once again

source: telecom talk

Tata Indicom Intros High Speed Data services on Corby

February 1st, 2010

Tata Indicom, the CDMA mobile service of Tata Teleservices today commercially launched the High speed data service over the mobile phone with newly announced Samsung Corby Speed the CDMA Mobile phone. Now Tata Indicom’s prepaid and postpaid subscribers can enjoy the high speed data service while on move as well as they can access their personal mail accounts, social networking sites, download various chat accounts and do much more with the phone.

At an event in Kolkata, the operator introduced the new Samsung Corby and announced the availability of new handset at Tata Indicom outlets across India.To use the High Speed Data service Tata Indicom prepaid subscriber needs to recharge their account with Internet vouchers, after that they can access Internet anytime anywhere.

There are 3 different recharge denominations Rs 28 will allow customers to access Internet at flat 50 paise per MB throughout the day. While RCV 152 offers price point of 50 paise per MB from 7.00 AM to 11.00 PM and a special night surfing plan of 25 paise per MB from 11.00 PM to 7.00 AM. A very aggressive RCV of 351 will offer data surfing flat at just 25 paisa per MB throughout the day. The recharge validity is 30 days from the day of recharge.

The operator also bundled the free data usage with Samsung Corby Speed. The postpaid subscribers will get a free trial usage of 15GB for the first 2 months. Post consumption of the free trial period postpaid customers will be charged 50 paise per MB for any additional data usage. On a rental plan of Samsung Corby 550 plan, customers will get bundled usage of 512 MB post which the customers will be charged 50 paise per MB.

To Activate EVDO on Imported Handset you Require

1. AA Secrete

2. HAA Secrete

3. HDR User name and Password Pair

4. EVDO PRL

5. and other EV Specific Parameter which TATA Might be using.

SO Best of Luck i did all try on Reliance and TATA and Failed

HP Only possiblity looks method i told u about 8830 reading SPC and giving for upgrade.. once back with working EV we can give SPC and take all required para..

What say.. I am yet to transfer my number to Droid from my BB 8830. once done.. will do it for all for sure.... :)

buyed this handset, also got OMH sim card,

but internet not working :NOTriste:

Reason by tata executive-THEY DON”T HAVE SETTING for corby handset. :rofl_200:

Also tried doing recharge of 28,152,351-fails

If anybody from other than maharashtra circle, plz confirm if recharge can be done?

bcoz, on tata website, if i select maharashtra circle, it doen't show any such recharge,

if selected other then maha , then it display's all above three recharge

Finally

Tata indicom has resolved my complaint for internet with samsung corby and OMH sim card, :clap:

They had given me new username like ESN@pda.ttml.in

SO my internt was connected using omh sim, :Sorprendido:

But not able to get speed, because it was connected with 1x only :(

So made complaint again for connecting via EV mode.

Will update once get connected with EV mode.

But 28rcv still not configured bcoz it gives talktime of Rs23, and no data benifit of 0.5/mb

Hi all...

Has anyone checked backward compatibility of OMH Sim cards. As per cdg.org, they are backward compatible i.e. OMH Sim card, which is normally used on Corby, can be used on non OMH handsets like Nok 6275 or other Samsung CDMA Handsets like 369 or Hero.

But, has anyone actually tried this??

Thanks in advance.

am using Reliance OMH SIM card in HTC P3000 without any problems..

OMH sim cards are backward compatible !

they will work on any CDMA ruim phone.

they only have data provision which is used by omh handsets

What's the point of OMH card if operator still has to provision settings for the number :P

Rel and tata will never learn

I am using my OMH sim of tata on spice handset,

No problem, also tested data service, working fine

Hi..

got my TATA OMH Sim today..

Will post my story for others...

I had my number on HTC Diamond. My diamond was configured by MEID & not E$N cloning & all stuff... This was around 6-8 months back. Actually this is not easily possible but still since I have good relation in TATA, they did it for me. At that stage, my HTC's MEID was configured as OMH in their system. So, now when I got my number transferred from HTC to to regular SIM, it was not going through as their system doesnt allows transfer from OMH to NON OMH (as i said earlier, my meid was configured as OMH). So, I had to necessarily buy OMH SIM. He raised SR for OMH Ruim to OMH Ruim.

Once that was done, I had to do *228 for OTA. Now, the main problem was OTA for OMH cards can be done only on OMH handsets. I tried *228 from Samsung FCH679 but failed. Then I got Corby from one of my friend & did *228 & the number was transferred.

Other great thing..

Once done, my HTC was now without any number. I wanted to transfer my wife's number on it. He raised SR for ESN change & again entered my HTC's MEID. since it was already in their database, it went through easily. Then I got the MIN no. & did necessary change in MDN & MSID in HTC's ##778# menu.

After soft reset, my Wife's number was on my HTC...

All this was done in less than an hour..

Everything done as per my expectations & using my TATA (OMH Sim) on Samsung FCH - 679 ( NON OMH).

Edited by hiteshkkk1

Hi..

got my TATA OMH Sim today..

Will post my story for others...

I had my number on HTC Diamond. My diamond was configured by MEID & not E$N cloning & all stuff... This was around 6-8 months back. Actually this is not easily possible but still since I have good relation in TATA, they did it for me. At that stage, my HTC's MEID was configured as OMH in their system. So, now when I got my number transferred from HTC to to regular SIM, it was not going through as their system doesnt allows transfer from OMH to NON OMH (as i said earlier, my meid was configured as OMH). So, I had to necessarily buy OMH SIM. He raised SR for OMH Ruim to OMH Ruim.

Once that was done, I had to do *228 for OTA. Now, the main problem was OTA for OMH cards can be done only on OMH handsets. I tried *228 from Samsung FCH679 but failed. Then I got Corby from one of my friend & did *228 & the number was transferred.

Other great thing..

Once done, my HTC was now without any number. I wanted to transfer my wife's number on it. He raised SR for ESN change & again entered my HTC's MEID. since it was already in their database, it went through easily. Then I got the MIN no. & did necessary change in MDN & MSID in HTC's ##778# menu.

After soft reset, my Wife's number was on my HTC...

All this was done in less than an hour..

Everything done as per my expectations & using my TATA (OMH Sim) on Samsung FCH - 679 ( NON OMH).

Great work

That means TATA's are accepting foreign ESN/MEID

^^^

MEID only if u have some contacts with tata guys.