Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
heehaw

Htc Hero - Using Conference Facility

I was wondering if someone can help me out on this on HTC Hero regarding Conference facility - 3 way calling.

There are three ways to conference a call

1 - First you make an outgoing call and then you make another outgoing call and then conference. - Works on HTC Hero

2 - First you get an incoming call and then you make an outgoing call and then conference. - Does not work

3 - First you get an incoming call and then you received another incoming call and then you conference. - Does not work.

All three steps used to work on my other phone earlier, but unfortunately not on this phone.

This is what the reliance site says -

Call Conference

Three is company

Reliance Mobile's Conference Call feature enables you to connect with two (1+2) persons simultaneously and set up a virtual conference. This facility is not available for Reliance GSM customers.

Features

bullet-grey-small.gif A maximum of three people (including you) can participate in a conference anytime.

bullet-grey-small.gif Any one can disconnect or drop off from the conference.

bullet-grey-small.gif If the initiator of the conference disconnects, then all three are disconnected and the conference call ends.

bullet-grey-small.gif A conference call can be set up with any telephone, regardless of the service provider.

How to use (CDMA)

bullet-grey-small.gif Call the first person and wait until the call is connected.

bullet-grey-small.gif Put the call on hold by pressing the call key.

bullet-grey-small.gif Dial the second call.

bullet-grey-small.gif Wait until the second call gets connected.

bullet-grey-small.gif Once the second call gets connected, you have following options:

bullet-grey-small.gif Swap between the calls: Press 2 + cell.jpgcall key.

bullet-grey-small.gif Drop the person you just dialled and connect to the one on hold: Press 1 + cell.jpgcall key.

bullet-grey-small.gif Establish a three-way conference: Press 3 + cell.jpgcall key.

bullet-grey-small.gif Once a conference has been set up, you cannot split the participants into two separate calls, until one of them disconnects.

Edited by dkaile

Right, I used to follow the same procedure when I used my old phone. The procedure is same for Reliance and Tata.

On HTC Hero, you make an Outgoing call. Then you press Menu--> Add call and dial the other one

After that press Menu again and then you have an option for conference. ( Explanation on Pg 75 of the manual of HTC Hero)

But the option is missing if either the two persons whom you want to conference is an incoming call.

And this is what the Hero's User manual says -

Making a 3-Way Call

With 3-Way Calling, you can talk to two people at the same time. When using this feature, the normal airtime

rates will be charged for each of the two calls.

1. On the Phone screen, enter a number and tap CALL Button.

2. Once you have established the connection, press Menu, tap Add call, and dial the number of the second

participant. (This puts the first caller on hold and dials the second number.)

3. When you're connected to the second party, tap the Up arrow type of symbol .

If one of the people you called hangs up during your call, you and the remaining caller stay connected. If

you initiated the call and are the first to hang up, all callers are disconnected.

To end the three-way call, press Power Button or tap End Call.

Edited by dkaile

I Tried again, when one of the call that you try to conference is an incoming call or if both the calls are incoming then i get a message Starting MMIS Service and then an error message unable to conference.

I am also having problem with call conference in HTC Hero

one call has to be outgoing, else conference call would not happen.@vishalsheth

Infact both the calls have to be outgoing.

Will there be a third party app for this? I doubt...

But conferencing need to be activated on reliance services first.

^^^ is that really necessary?? I thought it is default...

Call conference comes pre-activated in post-paid. I was using Call conference when I was using Nokia 6275. Only in HTC Hero I am having problem using this facilty. My first call is kept in hold and it does not get merged. :NOTriste:

True. Tata Charges for call conferencing.

But the give a waiver for the same but it is specified in the bill!

Call conference comes pre-activated in post-paid. I was using Call conference when I was using Nokia 6275. Only in HTC Hero I am having problem using this facilty. My first call is kept in hold and it does not get merged. :NOTriste:

you are right, calls do not get merged. Also conference is active on post paid. Airtel charges Rs. 25 per month, so I thought must be the same for reliance.

Conference is activated, this is a limitation in Hero.

Four limitations in hero

1 - No Conference if one of the call or both calls are incoming

2 - Camera without flash

3 - No Radio

4 - No files transfer on Bluetooth.