Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
amicable

Nokia 6265 Display Problem, Contact Backup

Hello,

There are two issues with my Nokia 6265 phone -

1. Display issue - The display comes up for a second and goes off again.

2. Speaker issue - Can't hear voice of person on the other side.

I took my phone to Nokia care. But they told me I might lose my contacts. As far as I know, the display problem is due to slider strip. This does not have anything to do with the contacts. Does it? Neither does the speaker issue requires the phone to be formatted.

However, I do not want to take any chances and would like to take backup of my contacts.

- Can someone tell me how can I do that? Considering the fact that there is no display?

- One more problem I have is that with Nokia PC suite connectivity. My phone does not connect to PC suite.. says there's some driver issue. I tried installing it from the CD provided but to no success.

- My slider was replaced 3-4 months back (not from nokia care), and that cost me 650 rupees and now the problem has come up again. I would like to know, what's the life of the new slider getting replaced?

Can someone please guide me with these multiple issues I have?

-- Thanks, Ami.

call me 2maro, we can meet up in pune !

1. Display issue - The display comes up for a second and goes off again.

2. Speaker issue - Can't hear voice of person on the other side.

i have changed my strips 4 times.. and decided to stop using 6265 as primary phone.. Even nokia people warned me losing contacts, but nothing happened like that.. its their responsibility to inform.. in case during service if they have to reinstall os then contacts will be deleted..

try pc suite in another pc.. or try to copy all contacts from phone to sim without seeing display provided u dont have more than 250 contacts.. i can help.. but u have to put the sim in another phone to confirm contacts are copied..

• Like 1

try pc suite in another pc.. or try to copy all contacts from phone to sim without seeing display provided u dont have more than 250 contacts.. i can help.. but u have to put the sim in another phone to confirm contacts are copied..

Please tell me how to copy contacts from phone to sim without display.

^^^

if you have more than one phone number per contact , only first number will be copied to your sim,

so before taking any action, confirm +ve and -ve of it.

better option will be try installing PC suite on another PC, and then export all contacts to a cvs or xml file.

even you can take full device backup thru pc suite.

^^^

if you have more than one phone number per contact , only first number will be copied to your sim,

so before taking any action, confirm +ve and -ve of it.

better option will be try installing PC suite on another PC, and then export all contacts to a cvs or xml file.

even you can take full device backup thru pc suite.

I will check with PC suite on another PC.

Does any one know a good local shop in pune / pcmc area where I can get it repaired?

Please tell me how to copy contacts from phone to sim without display.

the best way is PC suite as said by Hitesh in previous post.. anyways u can try copying contacts. [not moving]

if u have more than one number per contacts then it will be copied as 1, 2, 3... etc.. so u will not miss any number.. but only the first 250 contacts will be copied.. also make sure uim is empty.. if you want to delete all contacts from uim then let me know, will give you separate procedure for that..

- switch on the phone

- press the center menu button [provided phone keypad is unlocked]

- press right navigation key 2 times

- press center select button

- press center select button again [now u are in names under contacts menu]

- press left softkey

- press down navigation key 3 times

- press center select button [it is asking copy contacts phone to uim and uim to phone][phone to uim is default]

- press center select button [one by one or All or default]

- press down navigation key [All highlighted]

- press center select button [it will ask now keep original or move original] [keep original default]

- press center select button [copy contact confirm ?]

- press center select button again [copying.....]give some time 3 mins..

tested without seeing the display, its working.. after copying u can use the uim in another cdma phone to confirm..

pressing the buttons are subjected to the condition of your phone's keypad..

the best way is PC suite as said by Hitesh in previous post.. anyways u can try copying contacts. [not moving]

if u have more than one number per contacts then it will be copied as 1, 2, 3... etc.. so u will not miss any number.. but only the first 250 contacts will be copied.. also make sure uim is empty.. if you want to delete all contacts from uim then let me know, will give you separate procedure for that..

tested without seeing the display, its working.. after copying u can use the uim in another cdma phone to confirm..

pressing the buttons are subjected to the condition of your phone's keypad..

Thanks Ramesh and Hitesh. I have tried re-installing pc suite several times but on same m/c. will try it one more time, this time on another PC and check. Will it transfer the contacts via bluetooth? I dont have the cable.

Ramesh, I think I will need to empty UIM, though not sure :) I will check PC suite option first, thats safer :)

:previous:

ok let me know if u need procedure to empty uim..

i have not tried pc suite through bluetooth..

try your local contacts, CA 53 cable will be available with E61, E65, E70, N70, N73, N75, N80, N90, N91, N93 users..

else replace the slider strip urself with the help of the pics i've posted in the nokia sub forum

@amicable

If you need to empty the UIM, simply move the SIM contacts to the new Phone's (you now wish to use) Phone memory and you are done.. Then you can follow the procedure of Ramesh Ji to get phone contacts from your Nokia6265...

I too once got my Nokia6265's slider strip replaced in Nokia Care... They too told the removal of contacts possible, but in the end, no such thing happened after replacement.. Now my wife is using the 6265 for six months now and no problems till now.. But she rarely opens the slider for answering or ending a call :rofl_200: , fearing a repair once again..

Edited by kanagadeepan

But she rarely opens the slider for answering or ending a call

my first strip problem happened within a month of purchasing mobile.. since then i never used slider to attend or end a call.. :winko:

Thank you everyone for the help and quick response to my queries.

I got my slider strip replaced from nokia care. no format was done.

But I did notice that my centre key is now taking time to respond, I have to key it hard for it to respond :( is my phone nearing its end :(

Edited by amicable

^^^

it is 100% nokia service center fault !!!

^^^

it is 100% nokia service center fault !!!

Yes.. I think so. Last time after I had my slider strip replaced, some 3-4 months back, my end call key used to respond slowly. I thought may bcoz I had used that key too often and too roughly when display was off.

This time I noticed that my end call key is now working fine, but the centre key is not responding slowly.

But I did notice that my centre key is now taking time to respond, I have to key it hard for it to respond :( is my phone nearing its end :(

its a tiny alignment problem with the strip.. either u have to ask nokia to align it.. or after using for some time, it will get fit in to its place.. i have faced the same problem with most of the keys on upper slide.. but not all at the same time.. i used to keep my finger over the key set and with a small pressure move them left right and up down.. then it will be alright :)

Note: functionality of all keys on the upper slide, memory card, speaker [not loud] and display are connected to the main board through the slider strip you changed..

its a tiny alignment problem with the strip.. either u have to ask nokia to align it.. or after using for some time, it will get fit in to its place.. i have faced the same problem with most of the keys on upper slide.. but not all at the same time.. i used to keep my finger over the key set and with a small pressure move them left right and up down.. then it will be alright :)

lol.. This is interesting.. I may try it out :)

Note: functionality of all keys on the upper slide, memory card, speaker [not loud] and display are connected to the main board through the slider strip you changed..

Thanks for the info.