Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mylgcookie

Gprs - Failed To Activate Wap & Mms

Hi,

I am trying to set & activate GPRS service for my mobile LG KP500.For activating GPRS service, I nearly spoke 8-9 times to Reliance Customer Care after prolonged attempt of 10-15 minutes everytime for the past 3 days.

For activating GPRS service, I have been instructed to

send SMS 'ALL' to 55100, then SMS 'WAP' to 55100, then SMS 'MMS' to 55100, didn't got any response,

then REliance Customer care asked for my IMEI number & i provided it,

then Entered Manual WAP & MMS settings but not worked, then tried to activate & setup GPRS service through Rworld GRPS settings none of the is working in my case.

In my mobile (LG KP500),First i entereed following details:

1) Access Point

Connection Title: Mobile World

Bearer: GPRS

Authentication: PAP

Username: (left Blank)

Password: (left Blank)

APN: rcomwap

2) Internet Profile

Title: Rworld Wap

Proxy: On

Proxy Server Address: 010.239.221.005

Proxy Server Port: 8080

Access Point: Mobile World (pls note access point details will be taken from Item No.1 Access point as mentioned above)

Throught none of the way i am able to activate my GPRS service. Pls help me in this regard., Thanking you in advance.

:previous:

There are a lot of problems activating GPRS, WAP etc on RGSM. CC sux big time. Keep complaining to CC and speak to their floor supervisors. Email everybody and then maybe you will be able to access GPRS. None of the other cellcos ask for IMEI number for accessing GPRS. RGSM is probably the only company which asks for this. After providing IMEI also, there is no access. I had suffered for my SE W660 and my Nokia N81 in a similar manner and I had to take up the issue very very strongly. And the jokers there at CC asked for my IMEI every time I called them. And I must have called them atleast 15 times over 20 days. The end result is that for both my handsets, I successfully enabled RGSM, but was unhappy with the frequent drops in data service (once every minute or so) I got frustrated with RGSM and removed the SIMS and took Vodafone SIMs and I am happy with their services. Now Voda is offering at Rs 98 per month, 2GB of data access on both my mobile as also my PC.

It is indeed ironic that today when all other cellcos are providing a SIM which has all these settings come down automatically to your phone (which can even be a crap Chinese mobile) and moreover, all cellcos know that data is the next money spinner for them. Yet our great RGSM acts like a nincompoop and makes customers curse their own bad luck for opting RGSM.

It is indeed a very very sorry state of affairs at RGSM. Probably they are still in the ages old RCDMA mindset and want to have a walled garden for RGSM also.

• Like 1

None of the other cellcos ask for IMEI number for accessing GPRS. RGSM is probably the only company which asks for this.

Vodafone Mumbai asks for IMEI number for GPRS settings. :)

I am really frustrated by CC response. CC ppl responding like a uneducated idiots. I wrote to Ministry of PublicGrievances. Sure i ll pull up their collars because of poor CC Servicers. I too was Vodafone customer, go terms of GPRS services they are far better than reliance execept in tariff.

Edited by mylgcookie

I am really frustrated by CC response. CC ppl responding like a uneducated idiots. I wrote to Ministry of PublicGrievances. Sure i ll pull up their collars because of poor CC Servicers. I too was Vodafone customer, go terms of GPRS services they are far better than reliance execept in tariff.

Stay away from RGSM. Finally I moved to TaTa Docomo.

Speed of GPRS is good. It is much better than any 1X Datacard speed when we connect to PC.

I wrote to Ministry of PublicGrievances. Sure i ll pull up their collars because of poor CC Servicers

Action Status Details

Registration No : DOTEL/E/2010/01097

Name : Rajmohan

Received by : Department of Telecommunications

Forwarded To : M/s.Reliance Communications Ltd.

Address : Sh.Devinder Singh

: President

: M/s.Reliance Communications Ltd.

: 15th Floor ,Vijaya Building,17-Barakhamba Road,

: Connaught Place,New Delhi

Tel : 9312235554

email : devinder.singh@relianceada.com

Date of Action : 21/03/2010

RGSM person spoke to me from Corporate Head office & but the away they responded i'm really not satisfied., Sure i ll make this a big issue & let them learn a lesson how to deal will customer.,

U ring to Vodafone or any CC, they ll attend the Customers call in seconds., But in RGSM everything just s**ks. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( ,

Somehow i managed to set my GPRS settings in RGSM, but the speed is like u r surfing from some othe planet. Vodafone GPRS speed is really mind blowing wen u compare it with RGSM's GPRS. Moreover if i use RGSM GPRS, only my internal browser works. Opera Mini & other browsers ll not.,

Edited by mylgcookie

i'm having a similar problem with my

samsung corby txt

b3210

RGSM is saying they only support Corby

i have tried the settings mentioned for the 3 service mentioned but still nothing

i have also sent the ALL sms as mentioned by WWE/RCO

:Decepcionado: