Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinodchacko

Htc Hero Sprint

Hello Guys,

I am quite dump in the area of mobile phones... I have tried to gather the info from older topics , but I guess the information is too much scattered... so here I am!

I have liked the look and feel of HTC hero sprint and looking forward to own it.. now the question is how to ? I am not sure if we get this piece through a local store here or need to be brought from abroad ?

I have a friend who will be coming down to India from the US next month, ( in May ). So I was wondering if I could ask him to bring one for me ? If I do so, will I be able to use it here just like another phone or do I need to 'unlock' it so that we can use it in reliance cdma network ?

If I can get the piece from India, where is the store, and what is the price ?

thanks a lot, guys!

Hi vinod from India u can get it thru Sadikk .....try contacting him ... below is the link for the same ...

HTC HERO from Sadikk

Note: If someone has already read this post, its been edited according to the required info.

No dear, you cannot use it just by bringing the phone here in India, there is a lot that is to be done.

If you are getting the phone really cheap as compared to here, only then think of buying it from there.

This phone is activated Un-officially as it is not OMH(Open Market Handset).

I would also suggest just like Chintan ji to Buy it from Sadikk bhai or someone else who sells with all the programming done.

Hope that clarify your doubts.

Edited by SumitVerma

@Vinod

Before buying i would like to suggest read this topic very closely

almost all the info is there regarding HTC Hero.

You will not get this mobile in any mobile store,

Search this forum you will get seller for HTC hero,

Also if you want to import it from USA, programing can be done for reliance,

Some may charge you some may do it for free for you.

But surely it can be done !!

PM me for more information.

Hey guys,

@Chinthan , thanks for the tip - I am in touch with Sadikk..

@Sumit, yea - I realise that now... May be i have to buy from this community itself!

@Hitesh - thanks for that link. There is a lot of info in it! still trying to catch up!

It looks like that the phone is being sold @ 99$ with a contract of 2 years or so ( not much useful! )

Thanks again!

Vinod

^

I would be interested in 10 pieces if you could get it for me at 99$

Importing can be done but its a Big Headache if you dont understand the Concept of How Important Handsets works in India.

Best Solution is to Contact Sadik

^

Well, that comes with 2 year contract ... and you have to pay a fixed amount monthly to the service provider ... its not at all useful for us ... I have seen a few deals in the ebay and similar websites whcih offered the phone with out contract some where between 250 - 350 $

Importing can be done but its a Big Headache if you dont understand the Concept of How Important Handsets works in India.

not pretty sure how you mean, Hetal,... I was figuring out a phone bought from US, without a contract, can be unlocked and we can use it here .. yes ofc - it involves a lot of stuff to do before it can be used here... I have been going through the steps in this forum along with those in mobile-file.us , xda developers etc

Yet to have a complete "How To" to do the stuff.. ( still in the learning stage! )

Vinod!

Edited by vinodchacko

^

Well, that comes with 2 year contract ... and you have to pay a fixed amount monthly to the service provider ... its not at all useful for us ... I have seen a few deals in the ebay and similar websites whcih offered the phone with out contract some where between 250 - 350 $

not pretty sure how you mean, Hetal,... I was figuring out a phone bought from US, without a contract, can be unlocked and we can use it here .. yes ofc - it involves a lot of stuff to do before it can be used here... I have been going through the steps in this forum along with those in mobile-file.us , xda developers etc

Yet to have a complete "How To" to do the stuff.. ( still in the learning stage! )

Vinod!

yes u can easily get one from us from e bay, u shd know how to figure out the rules before u buy thru e bay.(look for brand new handset with box etc, and buyer with high ratings), preferably buy a handset which has a locked esn by sprint(yet brand new).as that will be much cheaper, it will be easy to get help on here, with the procedure. i also did it that way, provided u have the heart to take some risk, people here are very helpful and will help u thru the way. msg me if u want any help.also u shd be able to play with softwares and all that if u want to do it urself.the complete procedure cannot be listed here as there are restrictions. get it 1st and then do it step by step. the 1st part is clearly listed in the links given around. when u come to the reliance part u can get some help around. good luck.

• Like 1

hey guys,

back again, got my phone and doing some stuff on it!

i got it rooted, tried to remove some sprint apps, and ended up removing many required apps :-D , and the restored the backup ... yep , its going fun :)

so, what I should do next ? I need to upgrade ROM to the new 2.1 ?