Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
abhi.r

What is the Process Of Custom Clearence On Phones Purchased From E-Bay?

I am thinking of purchasing a brand new mobile handset from E-bay(USA).

Does anyone can tell me what is the process of paying custom duty and what percentage on billed amount do i have to pay as custom duty and octori duty or any other charges???

Is there a different duty structure on second hand mobiles??

U will be billed - 4% import duty + octroi duty on total value.( total value = Cost of phone ascertained by customs + postage cost)

For most handsets valued over 300-400$ u will have to pay approx 1500-1800 Rs.

^^^

Value to the item depends on custom officers mood !! <_<

Edited by ::Hitesh::

dude, my suggestion, do not get the thing from courier/ems/post from ebay usa... starting mein itll be very cosy and less costly... but if this is your first time, there is a very high possibility that you might 'burn' your fingers and your pocket in order to shout/fight with the customs..

In India, beaurocrats are very b@d... no one can trust anyone..

If possible, search for deals here in rimweb for the type of phone you are looking at, or if you need a new one, goto sadikk..

My 2 cents. :)

^

lolz kunal.... apna Ahmedabad vala customs experience yaad aa gaya kya?? they are pretty bad... I also lost 2 Pro's to these Post Office vala thiefs... + the hassle of customs is big time; safety is only dhl etc. but they are exorbitantly costly for single shipments...

U will be billed - 4% import duty + octroi duty on total value.( total value = Cost of phone ascertained by customs + postage cost)

For most handsets valued over 300-400$ u will have to pay approx 1500-1800 Rs.

DO not forget their is a counter vieling duty of 20%

^^ sahi baat hain yaar.. :( I doled out more than 4.5K for getting one BB Storm from the Ahmedabad customs.. fools... they just dont understand... These private players do ship your products fast, but you can never trust the customs charges they charge..

Hi..

You can better get your stuff from Ebay's Global Easy Buy. (http://ebay.in/geb) They list all products from Ebay USA with All Inclusive rate (Including custom / shipping). Its much reliable. I got my HTC Touch Diamond & my Laptop Battery same way. Got it real fast & quality was also perfect. I would rate it 5/5.

You can also try www.20north.com. I havent tried it so do ur own research. It normally lists Amazon products.

You can also check www.iccworld.com. (http://www.iccworld.com/pps.asp) They let you get products from USA & will manage all hassles of shipping/customs.

thank you everybody for your advices.

4% duty on the value which depends on the mood of the custom people... noted.

Indian beauracrats are A** Ho**s.... No doubt ;)

I would like to know more about www.iccworld.com

Suppose i have a fren in US, and ask him to buy a phone for me and then ship it thru www.iccworld.com,

the iccworld.com will take all the hassels and tension to deal with the customs and deliver me the product at my door steps for (shipping charges+custom duties+their own sercive charge)???

I have a friend in US, I can ask him to buy a phone for me there and send it to me. But he has never done this bfore.

So can any of you advise how he can purchase cheap BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD (T-MOBILE/AT&T) without any contract? So that I can guide him.

I do have a contact in UK as well, so I can get my phone from US as well as from UK (whichever i can find it cheaper) but how to purchase phone without a contract, please advise if anybody has already done this before.

I know its a lot cheaper there than what I will pay on www.ebay.com or Ebay Global Easy Buy or www.20north.com

thank you everybody for your advices.

4% duty on the value which depends on the mood of the custom people... noted.

Indian beauracrats are A** Ho**s.... No doubt ;)

I would like to know more about www.iccworld.com

Suppose i have a fren in US, and ask him to buy a phone for me and then ship it thru www.iccworld.com,

the iccworld.com will take all the hassels and tension to deal with the customs and deliver me the product at my door steps for (shipping charges+custom duties+their own sercive charge)???

I have a friend in US, I can ask him to buy a phone for me there and send it to me. But he has never done this bfore.

So can any of you advise how he can purchase cheap BLACKBERRY 9700 BOLD (T-MOBILE/AT&T) without any contract? So that I can guide him.

I do have a contact in UK as well, so I can get my phone from US as well as from UK (whichever i can find it cheaper) but how to purchase phone without a contract, please advise if anybody has already done this before.

I know its a lot cheaper there than what I will pay on www.ebay.com or Ebay Global Easy Buy or www.20north.com

I would clear your doubts...

1. ICC World allows you to give their US address to ebay US or whatever online seller. They will ship to ICC US & in turn ICC will send that to you to India. For that, you need to talk to ICC India & they will tell you all their charges for Customs / Shipping. Telling your friend to buy & then give to ICC would be somewhat same. Infact, it would be cumbersome. The best is if some of your friend is flying to India, he can bring it with him & thus u can save on Shipping (& also customs if he can escape, which is quite possible for a mobile phone)

2. I would recommend to use Ebay Global Easy Buy as it is the best option. The price difference is not much. As you can check here,

BB 9700 on ebay.com (BB 9700 Ebay.com) is around 430$ while the SAME phone from same seller & everything same on Ebay GEB (BB 9700 Ebay GEB)) is quoting 24211/- including Shipping & customs, delivered to your doorstep in around 15 days. As you can see, shipping charges & customs of approx 4k is justified (which is just 20%). You wud be amazed to know that all this shipping & hassles is managed by the same ICC. Ebay & ICC have tied up for providing this service. The ebay advantage is that your transaction is covered under PAISA PAY so in case you dont get your product in stipulated time, atleast you will get your money back. Also, you can check ebay seller ratings before taking any decision. I got my HTC same way.

Hope you have understood. N yes, take precaution before dealing with www.20north.com as I have come across many negative reviews on net for them.

Hitesh.

Thank you Hitesh bhai, Now i understand the role of iccworld.com

So the cheapest way is to bring Bold 9700 along with himself sneak past the custom dept.

But my friend is asking How can he get best bargain so that he can buy Bold 9700(without any contract) @ cheapest price possible in US.

because people in E-Bay sells BB Bold 9700 (Unlocked) at the price ranging from 370~450$.

How come they get so cheap, where as he called to a AT&T store and they quoted him 449$.

Edited by razortooth

@abhishek

if you are interested in Blackberry 9700 check CHECK THIS offer.

this is more reliable and hassle free from customs and long time delivery waitng.

Edited by coolboyashok

@ Ashok

thank you for the link bro, but I can get BB Bold 9700 lot cheaper than this price mentioned in the link you posted. that too without any hassels of postage and customs.

I was thinking if US route could be more cheaper.

PS: I am a marwari :P

So looking for cheaper source is in my DNA ;)