Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
faizone

Sony Unveils Blu-Ray Player For Rs. 9,990 In India

Source

With the advent of blockbuster Blu-ray movies like The Dark Knight, Pirates of the Caribbean and lately Avatar, all India needed was more options for Blu-ray players. Sony has introduced new Blu-ray player BDP-S370 costing Rs. 9,990. On buying this device, you get two free Blu-ray titles - Legion and Michael Jackson's This is It. Yes, this new player is a step up version of the Sony BDP-S360 which we reviewed back in December.

Until now, Indian consumers had to spend over Rs. 18,000 on Blu-ray players and hence considered buying PlayStation 3 as a better option. It's true as we've come across several consumers like that. The new Sony Blu-ray Disc player BDP-S370 is a major enhancement over the BDP-S360 version. This new BDP-S370 allows you to play full HD 1080p Blu-ray titles and also improves the regular DVD quality with Precision Cinema HD Upscale feature that converts SD quality (480i) to full HD (1080p) quality video.

New Sony BDP-S370 also offers BRAVIA Internet Video which was missing from BDP-S360 model. This model is also Wireless LAN ready. Audio has been taken care of with internal decoding and bit stream output of enhanced audio codecs - Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio. Up to 7.1 channels of lossless surround sound experience can be enjoyed. Users can also hook their USB MP3 players and flash drives to this player either in the front or rear.

This feature packed Blu-ray player also comes with DivX playback support. What more do you want from a Blu-ray player?

You can buy Sony Blu-ray BDP-S370 player from Sony Center and Sony Authorized resellers across India.

post-44395-127389247345_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

^

+1

Good Find! But I would suggest buying Xtreamer or Playon HD instead with the same price tag!

Edited by SumitVerma

i would rather prefer WD or IOmega's media players to this bluray player..

this sony bluray boasts of just bluray + divx compatibility

but considering the WD player i get the following video formats..

-MPEG1/2/4, WMV9, AVI (MPEG4, Xvid, AVC), H.264, MKV, MOV (MPEG4, H.264)

Is it that this bluray player doesnt support these formats or is it just not mentioned... and maybe its for the guys with the hyper-expensive plasmas and LEDs

Edited by faizone

^

+1

Good Find! But I would suggest buying Xtreamer or Playon HD instead with the same price tag!

Playon HD would not play Blu rays

besides what is the price of Blu Ray discs in india. I think in US they sell for 10$ or so a disc

previous.gifAgree, but you can always download HD movies from "ahem" sources winko.gif

Getting a media player like Xtreamer/Plyon HD serves the purpose better...well It's my personal opinion.

^

+1

besides what is the price of Blu Ray discs in india. I think in US they sell for 10$ or so a disc

A blank Verbatim bluray media costs Rs.1,449/- on ebay india. So we can imagine the price of a movie available on bluray. Ofcourse there is a price to be paid for quality and recently developed technology.

previous.gifAgree, but you can always download HD movies from "ahem" sources winko.gif

Getting a media player like Xtreamer/Plyon HD serves the purpose better...well It's my personal opinion.

I do know about the sources you are talking about. But since we were talking about a BR player, it would be unfair to compare it to a media streamer.

@Tanveer.. its not the product that we at rimweb see... we see through it and what matters is the purpose.. and thats wat Pranav is coming to..

However all said and done.. Sony should be praised at this point for bringing in a BR to the sub 10k market.. but dont worry the chinese mills are already running and be ready to be surprised by their ultracheap lineup of BR's

Cheers!! :GirandoOjos:

You did not get my point. Anyways leave it

Perspectives vary from person to person.. and our forum is a convergence of different views.. so chill and cheers!!! :GirandoOjos:

^

+1

For your very kind info, Bluerays are playable on Xtreamer (Tried and Tested), as far as Playon HD is concerned, Genius could be telling more about it!

I saw a Philips BR player for rs. 9,000/= at vijay sales

does anyone know of a cheaper HD in navi mumbai?

[branded with warranty]

are there any plans to launch HD recorders in the future?

From US i have got the Laptop With Blue ray Player for 50000

Sony Vaio

18.8" Screen

Dual Core 2 Duo P7450 2.13ghz

4GB RAM

512MB Graphics

Blue Ray Rom

Win7 Home Premium

Is't it good than this Blue Ray Player

not if your budget is rs. 8-9 k!

Decepcionado.gif