Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
@mitJ@in

Samsung Galaxy I899 Launched In Reliance CDMA

still galaxy is better. Just check if skype to skype free calls are availeble from mobile.

actually i am using it just that bsnl 3g speed is not good enough that is the only problem i see. I know for a fact that reliance would be much faster. Only advantage i see is if the evo connects to the bsnl wimax that would be the best thing :signthankspin:

I heard from customer care that EVDO for this handset is only available when you connect the mobile to the computer. Otherwise from the handset it is 1xRTT. Is it true?

I heard from customer care that EVDO for this handset is only available when you connect the mobile to the computer. Otherwise from the handset it is 1xRTT. Is it true?

nope thats wrong. you can use evdo in phone. last time i checked in speed test it gave me a speed of nearly 1mbps or so in the night. but drops down to 200 or 300 kbps in the morning

you need to change the settings and put ur mobile number in the place of 'username' and 'password'.

still galaxy is better. Just check if skype to skype free calls are availeble from mobile.

there is no skype for this phone. when i try accessing the skype mobile site it just says your phone is not supported

only

Motorola DROID X

HTC DROID Incredible

Motorola DROID

LG Allyâ„¢

Motorola Devourâ„¢

HTC DROID ERISâ„¢

from Verizon Wireless supports skype...

Even fring to fring calls are free. Why restrict Skype. Provided you have only few personal contacts.

Search for Skype apk. I will try to get for you.

Try nimbuzz too

The GPS on my i899 does not work at all. I have tried it outdoors too and with lots of apps including GPS Test, GPS Status, GPS Toolbox. Also the Assisted GPS (using wireless networks) has been disabled on this handset. Anyone else facing the same problems?

reliance can do any thing. do you get dish antena sort of icon on top bar when gps is on? just use qpst and see if gps is disabled..i am sure you can enable 

The GPS on my i899 does not work at all. I have tried it outdoors too and with lots of apps including GPS Test, GPS Status, GPS Toolbox. Also the Assisted GPS (using wireless networks) has been disabled on this handset. Anyone else facing the same problems?

Just a suggestion install Google maps and let it lock your location. I had this problem when i was using a Samsung phone on map my India and it would not find any gps bars. I installed Google maps it took some time in the open to locate my current location but after that everything else started working you could give it a shot no harm

yea your kinda right but this phone has GPS not A-GPS... so there are few things you should know before ur phone can fix your position.

1)instal gps test

2)open the gps test app and wait for it to get the fix

2)stay in a open place (trees,buldings etc will make it worst)

3)wait for sometime for the gps to fix ur position (from few seconds to even minutes if there r many obstructions)

4)if that didnt work restart your phone and repeat from step 2

5)after the position is fixed just go into google maps and use it.

i tried it and it workd pal. trust me

Edited by chiragkrishna

Even fring to fring calls are free. Why restrict Skype. Provided you have only few personal contacts.

Search for Skype apk. I will try to get for you.

am using fring and it has video calling too... just love it... but fring doesnt support skype now a days... that s**ks

how do I download SMS from hand set to PC. the NPS ( New PC studio ) from Samsung is just use less it does not allow me to download SMS to PC

^

download sms backup and restore from the market; it will take backup of all your sms as an xls file on your sd card; the same can be copied to and opened on any pc...

• Like 1

^

download sms backup and restore from the market; it will take backup of all your sms as an xls file on your sd card; the same can be copied to and opened on any pc...

Thanks Dhiraj Kaile, I will try that. also could you please suggest a good application for 'Call conversation recording' [ voice ].

regards

Tapaswi.S

yea your kinda right but this phone has GPS not A-GPS... so there are few things you should know before ur phone can fix your position.

1)instal gps test

2)open the gps test app and wait for it to get the fix

2)stay in a open place (trees,buldings etc will make it worst)

3)wait for sometime for the gps to fix ur position (from few seconds to even minutes if there r many obstructions)

4)if that didnt work restart your phone and repeat from step 2

5)after the position is fixed just go into google maps and use it.

i tried it and it workd pal. trust me

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it , but somehow it just does not catch the signal, wheres my other android phone (HTC) catches 8 satellites in the same place , even when AssistedGPS is turned off and only GPS is turned on in the HTC one.

I have taken the handset to samsung service centre, they couldn't do anything. I am planning to take it to the other centre.

Thanks Dhiraj Kaile, I will try that. also could you please suggest a good application for 'Call conversation recording' [ voice ].

regards

Tapaswi.S

try apps like ringdroid;

also check these out - http://www.androlib....ecord-jjDw.aspx

& http://www.androlib....corder-Cxt.aspx

Edited by dkaile
  • Like 1

regards

Tapaswi.S

try apps like ringdroid;

also check these out - http://www.androlib....ecord-jjDw.aspx

& http://www.androlib....corder-Cxt.aspx

Thanks a Ton

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it , but somehow it just does not catch the signal, wheres my other android phone (HTC) catches 8 satellites in the same place , even when AssistedGPS is turned off and only GPS is turned on in the HTC one.

I have taken the handset to samsung service centre, they couldn't do anything. I am planning to take it to the other centre.

i think the prob is with the samsungs gps module... nothing much v can do about it... how many satellites r u able to catch in ur phone? try going to ur roof top n check if u can catche some... n give time dont compare it with HTC... :P

for people who have this phone

try looking in chinese forums

this phone has been available in china and they have some hacks and stuffs in place

Thanks to HP, try this

http://phandroid.com/2010/07/21/easy-fix-for-t-mobiles-samsung-vibrant-gps-issues/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1. 5. Tony Guinta wrote on July 21, 2010
    It looks like you may have the wrong port number listed (7262). Other sources list it as 7276. I tried telnetting to supl.google.com on both 7276 and 7262, and only 7276 responds:
    $ telnet supl.google.com 7276
    Trying 72.14.221.192…
    Connected to mobile-agps.l.google.com.

Thanks to HP, try this

http://phandroid.com/2010/07/21/easy-fix-for-t-mobiles-samsung-vibrant-gps-issues/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

1. 5. Tony Guinta wrote on July 21, 2010
    It looks like you may have the wrong port number listed (7262). Other sources list it as 7276. I tried telnetting to supl.google.com on both 7276 and 7262, and only 7276 responds:
    $ telnet supl.google.com 7276
    Trying 72.14.221.192…
    Connected to mobile-agps.l.google.com.

Thanks, I have tried this, but I found that the values are not saved after reboot/after some time. The service centre blamed the OMH card , but when I went back home and tried with a different OMH card the result is same. I have to go back to the service centre tomorrow.

for people who have this phone

try looking in chinese forums

this phone has been available in china and they have some hacks and stuffs in place

tried that to bro,.... but couldnt find any root hacks for it,... they themselfs r fed up with this phone lol

In the location settings there is no option such as 'use wireless network' I can't understand why it doesn't use wireless network to locate my position. Why this setting is hidden. Don't know what reliance people are upto.

^

why are you just crying :cry: and cursing :cursing: in all your posts...

this forum is not owned and operated by reliance...

its an independent place to share ideas... we give ideas to solve the problems; if you dont have the means or capabilities to try them, no use crying :( here all the time... otherwise u may be :banned2:

if you want to cry your grievances, better tell their customer care.... or even better still better sue Reliance and Samsung in Consumer Forum for refund...