Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gupsachin

Newbie Queries

All,

I am slightly new to reliance and to this forum.

Have the following queries regarding R Connect. WOuld appreciate if some one sends a reply to my mail id too.

1. How good is the speed and connectivity?

2. Does the R connect kit contain any PIN or user/password???

3. Is it necessary to buy the data cable from Reliance stores only?

4. Can I connect to internet if I just have the phone and buy the data cable from some other shop or get a second hand one?

Thanks

Sachin

gupsachin@gmail.com

All,

I am slightly new to reliance and to this forum.

Have the following queries regarding R Connect. WOuld appreciate if some one sends a reply to my mail id too.

1. How good is the speed and connectivity?

2. Does the R connect kit contain any PIN or user/password???

3. Is it necessary to buy the data cable from Reliance stores only?

4. Can I connect to internet if I just have the phone and buy the data cable from some other shop or get a second hand one?

Thanks

Sachin

gupsachin@gmail.com

21460[/snapback]

Here are answers to your questions:-

========================

1). Speed and connectivity are good, but as of now, there seems to be a small decline in the bandwidth.

2)The R-Connect Kit does not contain any PIN or userID/Password. It merely contains a Datacable and a CD-ROM containing the drivers for the phone and the DIALER.

3)It is not Necessary to buy data-cable from reliance only.

4) yes, you can connect to the internet if u just have the phone and buy the datacable from some other shop.

All you need to do is that makea windows dialup connection with the name as "Username" and password as "password" and connect to #777.

All you need to do is that makea windows dialup connection with the name as "Username" and password as "password" and connect to #777.

The Username is "Internet" and password is "password"!

Someone told me some months ago that u can use "Username" as username and "password" as password, but it doesnt work.

I have a LG 2130. Just got my R Connect activated today. I had bought the cable (USB) from market without any software with it. After spending hours on it, I could not establish a connection to internet.

Can some one explain how to make a new connection using Dial up networking in win2k to connect to R COnnect? I have the following questions:

1. Is it that using LG 2130 I can connect only using a COM port cable or can use USB too? Which one is better?

1. How to make a new dial up connection? (for USB cable and for COM)

2. Do I need to install some software before that? If yes, can I download it from somewhere?

3. What number do I dial?

4. Username / password?

5. Any settings to be made/changed in LG 2130

Thanks,

Sachin

Edited by gupsachin

I have a LG 2130. Just got my R Connect activated today. I had bought the cable (USB) from market without any software with it. After spending hours on it, I could not establish a connection to internet.

Can some one explain how to make a new connection using Dial up networking in win2k to connect to R COnnect? I have the following questions:

1. Is it that using LG 2130 I can connect only using a COM port cable or can use USB too? Which one is better?

2. Do I need to install some software before that? If yes, can I download it from somewhere?

4. Username / password?

Thanks,

Sachin

21810[/snapback]

>> You can connect using either cable, however there are a few things you need to understand.

a) If you have a locally made cable then it is preffered that you use a comport cable instead of a usb cable. As most of the local cables are straight usb cables, they will allow your phone to be detected and used as a moedm.. but have many drawbacks.

The Reliance USB cable has a USB<>Serial converter inbuilt into it.. hence even though the interface you see is USB.. the cable essentially converts the conection to a Serial (COM) port.

-- Perhaps your problem is related to a straight cable.. did your computer detect the phone as a modem? were you able to "talk" to the phone using HyperTerminal?

>> See the Windows Help Center for details. or go to Tools > Internet Options > Connectivity Tab from within Internet Explorer and choose to add a new connection.

Well.. the only software you really need is a driver for your phone modem and a browser... do you have both? Did you install the phone as a modem? on the USB/COM depending on whatever your cable type is...

Reliance website has the following links:

http://www.relianceinfo.com/webapp/Infocom...nnectsearch.jsp

For Linux Drivers,

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r...t_dc_linux.html

For Mac OS Drivers,

http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Rim/r..._macintosh.html

>> Technically you do not dial any number.. you just initiate a #777 stream.. well.. dial #777

4. Username / password?

>> Use your reliance phone number as the username and password

>> If you have not tinkered with your phone.. then you dont need to make any changes.. just *412 and activate your net service. In some cities you need to visit your webworld / CCC and give a request for activation.

i connected with username " internet " and password " pawword" on reliance. if i put my number instead will it be chargable?

21575[/snapback]

:D Even if you used TimBakTu as the username... you will still be charged.. #777 is a type of "over the air" service.. just like calling *333 .. if they want to know who you are.. they will know who you are.. and they will bill you..

5. make sure that the security lock is not enabled before dialling too