Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
csmart

Need Help To Setup Tata Indicom Wi-Fi Router

yesterday i got a wi-fi router from Tata Indiacom for my home broadband connection. it was really pain to get the router as there was no stock with them.

i want to setup as per my requirements and want to change certain settings. tata is not providing the username and password for the same. they have given one password which just provides the status of router. i cannot make any change.

i want to do the following:

1. change the wi-fi key for the users

2. change the network name

3. limit the no. of PCs can log in

4. I am not getting the IP address on wi-fi. i get only when directly connected to PC/laptop

Model: Zyxel P-660HW Series (ADSL2 gateway) with wi-fi.

thanx in advance for the help...

yesterday i got a wi-fi router from Tata Indiacom for my home broadband connection. it was really pain to get the router as there was no stock with them.

i want to setup as per my requirements and want to change certain settings. tata is not providing the username and password for the same. they have given one password which just provides the status of router. i cannot make any change.

i want to do the following:

1. change the wi-fi key for the users

2. change the network name

3. limit the no. of PCs can log in

4. I am not getting the IP address on wi-fi. i get only when directly connected to PC/laptop

Model: Zyxel P-660HW Series (ADSL2 gateway) with wi-fi.

thanx in advance for the help...

Try this Guide it may help u in configuring

Edited by parin

Why did u buy a wifi router frm tata? there are routers like linsys/dlink which are better than zyxel.

Anyways, if this could be some help..

1) Power off the router,

2) Hold down the recessed reset button on the rear of the unit (keep it held down)

3) Power on the router with the reset button still pressed down.

4) You will notice all the LAN lights flash at the same time which will indicate that the router has reset - this takes up to 30 seconds.

5) When all the LAN lights do flash simultaneously you can let go of the reset button.

Your router is now reset. The default IP address is "192.168.1.1" and the default password is "1234".

Above instructions are to reset the router to its factory defaults. If you are a novice in networking, i wouldn't suggest to do it.

@parin, the gu who installed the router has diabled all those.. i can just view status page.

@chaitanya, i did not pay anything.. its free from tata.. otherwise i would have to pay min 1800... will try the suggestion u have given and let u know..

Edited by csmart

better call tata guys to help u out

if he has locked the options, if he doest agree give some bugs to break it

• Like 1