Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manishag

Happy Hours On Indian Rail Booking

dear members. yesterday while booking the railways ticked through ezeego1.com i found there is offer of Rs 50 discount on every railway ticket

you will get this offer only when you book between 5:00pm to 8:00pm till 31st August 2010

^^^

This discount must only on ezeego1.com

buy from irctc.co.in, its alrady discounted 

yes this offer is only on ezeego1.

on irctc there is no such discount available

They must be giving some discount of their own. Like cleartrip gives for air bookings.

the discount is technically nil as the service charge levied by ezeego1 comes out to Rs. 50/- so it the as follows:

ticket price+50-50=original ticket price....

^^^

most of the discounts are like that only.

first increase the price and then give discount

the discount is technically nil as the service charge levied by ezeego1 comes out to Rs. 50/- so it the as follows:

ticket price+50-50=original ticket price....

that depends upon ticket(Sleeper).

for example

ticket price = 300

Ezeego charges = 10

Card charges = 4

IRCTC charges = 10

total cost paid = 324

less discount of Rs 50 = 274 still it's cheap by 26

where as if i do same for Rajdhani with fair 1000 i won't be saving anything

in nutshell by Rs 50 you will be paying agent charges(Rs 10 for sleeper and Rs 20 for higher classes + creditcard/netbanking payment charges)

why thr is 3 differnt charges

ezgo

card

irctc??

irctc charges and credit card charges are levied by irctc and the payment gateway. if you are booking at irctc using net banking of certain banks, the credit card charge becomes nil.

i believe if you are using sbi irctc .. credit card then some bonus points are allotted.. which can be later redeemed ..

but if u booking from ezgo then why pay to irctc?

because ezeego is merely acting as an agent of irctc. the main backend booking is done through irctc system only.

for checking the availability yatra.com/ezeego1.com/makemytrip.com etc are far better then sarkari irctc

also there interface and ease is much better.

for example

I was suppose to book ticket for delhi to faizabad. on irctc it showed me availability between delhi and faizabad which was waiting list. where as these private site(ezeego1.com in my case) showed me the availability on one train from subzimandi which is another station in delhi. same train dun have availability from old delhi railway station

^^^

yatra.com/ezeego1.com/makemytrip.com etc are many times not showing the latest availability position. Further, I found that they generally do not show Special trains.

For all trains from Delhi there is an in-built option in irctc "New Delhi - All Stations". similar options are also available for Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai etc.

but irctc shows just the trains not the availability between all pairs of stations

the example i gave in my earlier post. it's true example and there are many use cases like that

for example it might be true that on one train reservation is not available from delhi but it's available from ghaziabad and most of trains which go to lucknow from delhi goes via ghaziabad. in case of irctc it'll so availability between delhi and lucknow. where as on these sites it'll show availability if it's available from any of the near by station on the route