Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rajanmehta

Does LG 510 Cookie Zip Cdma Support Java Applications And Mobile TV?

Prior to purchasing this phone, I called up LG Customer Care and asked whether this phone supports JAVA and i will be able to install Opera Mini. I was told that you cannot install Opera Mini latest version which is 5.1 but can install Ver 4.2. Now i have tried installing Opera Mini through every means possible, but the phone will not support it,

-OTA Installation. Browser loads opera mini site but when you click on install, you get Unsupported Content Message.

-Through copying the Opera Mini JAD and JAR files to memory card and trying to run it from there. Again the same message Unsupported Content.

Also tried to install other browsers like UCWEB through both OTA and Memory Card. But same message.

Called up LG Customer Care and was told to take the phone to Service Center.

Gave to Service Center. The firmware was updated from the Stock Version 105 to 108 but still the problem remains the same. The Technical person at the Service Center said that he will mail the details to their HO and will get back to me in 2 days.

Now the issue is whether this phone actually supports JAVA? Has anyone been able to install any JAVA Applications? Please share. It is outright cheating on LG's part once after confirming that the phone supports JAVA whereas actually it does not.

Also LG mentions in their marketing material LG510 Launch which is a PDF file which you can download from www.lgmobiles.com containing specifications of this phone that it is having Gmail Client. I have not seen any Email Client on this phone. Told the same to the Service Center person and again he said he will mail his bosses about this.

The update firmware basically does not improve anything except giving one option of Reliance Mobile TV when you open the R World. But here again you get the error message saying that your handset is not compatible with Reliance Mobile TV. The same feature is highlighted by LG in their marketing materials but does not work.

seems other than EVDO Rev.A nothing much is great about this handset. Samsung, though with EVDO Rev.0, seem to be a better option.

A large number of complaints are hearing about data usage in this handset. I was also interested to buy this handset, but after hearing this type news I postponed my decision. I wonder why LG / CDMA operators pretending ignorance about this handset and its programming :confuse: . The CDMA operators can pretend ignorance, but LG - the mother of this handset is also pretending :cursing:

Edited by KAPILKDEV

Seems not many LG510 users on RIMWEB

No reply! Please come forward and share your experience of using JAVA on this handset.

Same condition is with me. I am not able to install any java application in lg 510. Bluetooth A2DP is also not present, as i am not able to hear an sound from my stereo bluetooth headset when playing music. The same headset is working for receiving and making the calls. Also how to send or compose MMS??

I think LG forget to add MMS option in open market CDMA handsets. Not seen MMS sending option in 6300 also :mad44:

I think LG forget to add MMS option in open market CDMA handsets. Not seen MMS sending option in 6300 also :mad44:

Today, got confirmed from LG Service Center that LG 510 does not support A2DP. But A2DP Support has been listed on website lgmobiles.com.

What should be the next course of action?? Consumer Court??