Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smoudgal

Rconnect With Ipaq 2210

Hi

I have an LG 2030 phone and I would like to use Rconnect with my Ipaq 2210. Is this kind of connection possible ?

Can someone guide me, as to how to go about it, if possible

how do u plan to connect the two???? don't know about lg2030 but don't think it has bluetooth, without which its not possible to connect the two...i know this coz i have an iPaq 2210 as well and have tried connecting my nokia 3650 with it.......its possible in that case thru bluetooth but i couln't configure it thoroughly as so didn't work 4 me, but there r people who have done this thru bluetooth.

I think the question is of having a driver that can interact with the USB port used for synchronizing wit desktop.

If that is not posssible then may be a SDIO card to do the same. Dunno if such gadgets are available..

Here is something for Palm:

http://www.thesupplynet.com/review-palm.cfm

I saw a device called ComCube from www.gomadic.com which connect mobile phone to PDA. The beauty is they give you a life time free replacement whenever you change any of the two devices. When I contacted them for compatiabily of my N191 and Dell Axim, I got the following mail from them.

I'm afraid we don't have Wireless Internet Cables available for the Samsung N191. The reason is that your phone does not support serial communication (it only supports USB) which is required for us to make a PDA to phone connection. The problem with connecting a PDA to a USB phone is that USB technology requires all devices to be tagged as either USB Hosts or USB Peripherals. Phones and PDA's are always tagged as USB peripherals whereas PC/Laptops are always USB Hosts. In order to have two USB peripherals connect to each other, you need to have a circuit which simulates a PC in the middle which is quite complex.

Right now, Samsung and Sanyo are the only major cell phone vendors that have removed serial support on their phones (Siemens, Ericsson, Motorola, Kyocera, Audiovox, Nextel and LG include BOTH serial and USB support on their newer phones). If other vendors follow Sanyo and Samsung's strategy, then Gomadic will likely re-engineer our ComCube solution to support this more complex design, however, we are hoping that Sanyo and Samsung instead will follow suit with their competitors and support both communication standards!

Only time will tell. Thanks again for your note. I hope this explanation helps explain how our Wireless Internet Cables work.

Regards,

Gomadic