Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
himanshu560043

Blackberry 8330 Curve CDMA 1xEV Issue

Dear Friends,

I have a Reliance Blackberry 8330 Curve running on CDMA Reliance India.

I purchased this phone from Reliance in the month of December 2009 and at that time it was giving me access to data services through 1XEV but later after few months, it started fluctuating from 1XEV to 1X.

I complained this to Rel and since then it has been permanently shifted down to 1X, although i get my mails and I can browse but still I am not getting as much speeds as that on 1XEV network.

I live in Noida (DElhi NCR), so Rel network gives access to 1XEV as well.

Please let me know what to do as REL says that BB Curve 8330 runs only on 1X network.

Thanks in advance....

1xEV if u were getting high speeds means u were on evdo

check up with reliance if ur evdo services are still active

have u by any chance changed ur prl ??

dial *4357# and call button

and see ur prl version if its version 4 or 5

I had the same issue, it has to be fixed in backend. Usually it shows 1XEV but whenever send/receive mails and browse it goes back to 1X. Escalate this issue again to Blackberry CC. Mine got resolved after 4 calls to CC in 5 days. First of all they won't understand the real problem, keep giving useless solutions to reset/battery pull etc.

I have one of Hitesh's 8330's. I was unable to get 1x in Karnataka, and am fine here in UPE. My son has a Saadikk htc Hero in Karnataka and is not getting 1x either. Since both of these are grey imports we shall not be getting EVDO in any case. By the looks of it Reliance seem to be having issues with data services in many regions.

But after the issues got resolved, now I'm able to browse, send/receive mails via EVDO wherever available, other areas it works thru 1X.

Hi Dr. Sahab,

The 8330 - from you, is always on 1x and I have never seen 1xEV. Do I need to ask CC to do something here ? Or is it the PRL ?

:previous: official 8330 is 1xEV complatible (1x as well as EVDO) wherein imported handsets EVDO is nearly not possible.. ;)

how to change PRL from

1X <----> EVDO

and vice versa.

I had the same issue, it has to be fixed in backend. Usually it shows 1XEV but whenever send/receive mails and browse it goes back to 1X. Escalate this issue again to Blackberry CC. Mine got resolved after 4 calls to CC in 5 days. First of all they won't understand the real problem, keep giving useless solutions to reset/battery pull etc.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply friends.

I escalated this matter with Rel guys and they got my PRL Version checked for BB which was PRL 4, so they asked me to visit BB Service Center in South Ex - Delhi and get the Handset replaced.

I went to South Ex today and got the headset changed, my new Handset is having PRL 5 and it also shows 1XEV sometimes.

But, it keeps on shifting between 1X to 1XEV, when I use data it rolls back to 1X, when data is not in use then it shows 1XEV.

I don't know what to do :(

Reliance, sometimes I feel it is real pain in ***

:(

Well

your prl is evdo prl so no worries there

probably your evdo service is de activated for some reason by reliance thats why u roll back to 1X when u try to use data

complain to them

simply ask CC to check whether A12Auth is actiavted on your number or not !! if not then ask them to take a request to activate it.... A12Auth is evdo activation in their technical language....

simply ask CC to check whether A12Auth is actiavted on your number or not !! if not then ask them to take a request to activate it.... A12Auth is evdo activation in their technical language....

Thanks all for the help.

I contacted on CC today and asked them to check if A12Auth is activated on my phone or not....

But they seem very resistive in discussing any technical issues.

They said they will check and no such thing named "A12Auth is activated" exists :(

I guess now we need to be a technical engineer to have simple thing running like BB

please call RCOM's BB support team on *363 or if you can, please visit E-18, NDSE Part 2, South Extn. New Delhi (Blackberry Service Centre) for the issue..

Can we have the new PRL v5 ?