Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Honest

Intex Introduces V Show- Projector Mobile Phone

Intex-Introduces-V-Show-Projector-Mobile-Phone.jpg

INTEX Introduces V Show- Projector Mobile Phone

Indian mobile phone maker INTEX Technologies today announced the launch of INTEX ‘V. SHOW’ India’s first mobile phone with inbuilt projector.

The INTEX V.SHOW (IN8810) is a touch-screen Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) variant and has another coveted feature -Dual Screen mode (phone screen mode and projector screen mode are simultaneously active). It comes with Dual Camera and a Dual Card memory slot of 8 GB each to expand the internal memory of 64 MB.

The company claims that the product matches to the Indian operating conditions and entertainment prerequisites such as long life battery so that one can watch a film for as long as three hours and a film quality of 25 Frames Per Second (FPS) – which is as good as the FPS used in movies.

Other features include inbuilt ‘Bolt’ mobile Internet browser and a Tripod stand as one of the accessories in the box (for an easy, hands-free visual experience).It also comes with built in apps for social networking site Facebook and Twitter.

Intex-V-Show_Mobile-Phone.jpg

Taking the visual experience to a new high are the clarity one can also convert the screen output from portrait to landscape and vice versa.The phone also comes with FM radio (wireless and wired) enabled, with GPRS connectivity and has an impressive 3.2 inches super color, dust resistant touch screen.The phone comes for a price tag of Rs. 16,000.

INTEX-V-Show-IN8810-Mobile-Phone-Launch.jpg

Cortesy : Telecom Talk

Cant understand this, what sort of customers do they target with such a product? Corporates who want to do a project presentatinon in the middle of jungle?

this is for someone on the move man...

something some 1 can carry sorta...but clarity matters...

I had seen somewhere that this phone comes at Rs.12,000/- and not Rs.16,000/-. Will update the price here as soon as I get confirmed news. :)

few years back seen same function phone on ebay, it was china make and for R 10-15K (dont remember exact price)

As we all know, Intex is bringing phones from china, so quality ???

In India, there are very few takers of such kind of phones. :)

As far as the brand INTEX is marked with the products then it hardly matters from where they are importing the handsets, whether its CHINA or JHUMRITALLAIYA. :rofl_200:

Atleast buyer will get After Sales Service / Warranty locally. :)

dont know about mobile after sales of intex

but in computer products they are fine !

Yes Hitesh.....in Computer Hardware products they provide robust After Sales Service. Many a time if a product is in warranty, they just replace it and give you the new piece.

And I-Ball to provides the same kind of good After Sales Service. :)

It has its advantage. In the market there are Portable Projectors that can be uses by Sales / Marketing / Finance people for on the go Presentation. Some of the portable projectors even do not require PC/Laptop as it has builtin memory or USB / Memory Card slot from where it can play Powerpoint Presentation / JPeg/ AVI etc.

In addition to this on projection facility on mobile, one can click photos, take videos and play it on built in projector immediately.

Recent Ad of a Digital Camera (Nikon or Canon) also has this feature.

Manish

We’re witness to some seriously new-age technology trends that have made their way into the Indian mobile segment. From 3D mobile handsets to handsets with built-in projectors, we’ve got them all, but what bothers me is the quality of these devices. Innovation is never an issue as it seems like most of these devices make it out from some Chinese OEM with Indian branding and although they’re quite functional, they don’t often perform as well as one hopes. Here’s a closer look at Intex’s latest, the V.Show or IN 8810 Projector phone.

Design

The IN 8810 is, straight out of the box, not the slickest looking device on the shelf. It’s big, bulky and will definitely leave a bugle in your pocket. At 145g it’s not exactly a lightweight either but judging on the size I did expect it to be much heavier. Compared to the G’FIVE Projector Phone, this one doesn’t fare well in the looks department.

vshow_front_sides_450x360.jpg

The device is equipped with a 3.2-inch resistive touchscreen that’s bright and clear enough to view in most natural or artificial lighting conditions. The Stylus, not that you’ll need it much, is neatly tucked away into a slot at the bottom rear portion of the device. It’s fastened tightly and there’s no danger of it slipping out unexpectedly. On one side is a camera shutter release and on the other are the volume/zoom keys, a universal mini USB slot for charging and the handsfree followed by a button to switch the projector on. A front facing VGA camera is placed just above the display. If you’re thinking ‘video calling’, think again. The IN 8810 also has a 3.2MP fixed focus shooter at the rear. The projector’s lens is quite large and placed at the top of course with a focus dial just under.

vshow_top_rear_450x360.jpg

Underneath the rear panel this Dual SIM (GSM + GSM) handset is accompanied by dual microSD card slots that support up to 8GB in each port. Obviously neither are of the hot swap variety - that’s one issue I take with the handset, the second is the lack of a 3.5mm handsfree socket preventing you from hooking this handset up to a better set of speakers. Like the G’FIVE there’s no way to thoroughly enjoy the video other than from the built in speakers. However, the IN 8810 is equipped some pretty heavy duty speakers so the audio is quite a bit better than the G’FIVE’s.

Features and Performance

Interface

Surprise, Surprise! It’s a Java handset which means a UI that’s simple but employs jazzy colors and gimmicky features like shaking the handset to change wallpapers, music, videos etc. and one that requires too many unnecessary key presses to do simple tasks. However, so far, this platform has been quite stable for pricing of devices and manages to simplify, to quite an extent, the inclusion of plenty of features as well as simplistic Dual and sometimes triple SIM management options. The IN 8810’s is no different. It’s quirky but stable. The animations are smooth but with a hint of a lag in between. The stylus becomes necessary only for typing, which is when you’re faced with a rather small but evenly spaced QWERTY keypad. Handwriting recognition is also supported, but it’s not quick or accurate enough to use.

vshow_desktop_450x360.jpg

Business mode, finger friendly home page

The desktop has a very Series 60 like feel but not as functional though. A few handy functions are assigned to this screen – Email access, Messaging, To Do List and music playback. From the settings you can switch to a slightly more interesting ‘Business’ setting. It doesn’t do much for the rest of the UI but the desktop does become a little more ‘finger-friendly’ with larger icons in Business mode.

Dual SIM functionality also proved to be a bit of an issue. I was unable to receive calls from SIM 2 if I was on a call from SIM 1 already. The error that I heard was that the number I was trying to reach was unavailable. This is a big issue obviously.

Projection

The IN 8810’s projector could have been one of the better Pico Projector mobile handsets if it weren’t for one major flaw in the device’s USP. In projection mode about 10-15% of the display is simply cut off. I had to ask the company to send me a total of three devices before I could be sure that this was a general problem. Seems like no one really noticed which is quite strange considering we should all be very used to widescreen formats. Videos (MPEG 4, MP4 and 3GP supported) even downsized to run on an iPhone (3 or 3GS resolution) will play without a hitch on the handset’s display, which is easy to watch on, but a portion of the right hand section is always going to be cut off. In fact, even in standard projection mode, the options that would regularly be at the bottom of the screen or on the right hand side in landscape are not visible. It’s quite silly actually. Videos in 4:3 formats are not a problem obviously.

vshow_media_3_450x360.jpg

What’s unfortunate is that you can quite comfortably watch a video from a distance of over 8 feet up to a screen size of over 80 cm. It’s just a little dull with no way of adjusting the brightness, but it’s nevertheless quite clear. But you’ll never be able to enjoy a widescreen (DVD rip or otherwise) print on this device. What a colossal waste.

Other Media

The handset’s music player is loud and not bad at all. I can’t say the same for the handsfree that’s bundled with the device. Audio settings include Bass Enhancement, a few EQ presets and the ability to edit each one via an eight brand graphic setting. The FM radio worked out quite nicely and the added functionality of a recorder with a scheduling function is quite handy. Other media features include a photo editor, Sound recorder, an easy to use Video editor and a melody composer for creating your own ringtones. A few odd games like Mah-jong and another Chinese game are thrown in with a Puzzle as well. Dice, a motion sensitive game is also in the bundle.

vshow_media_450x360.jpg

Connectivity

This handset is equipped for GPRS and WAP connectivity and allows for syncing up and downloading of POP/IMAP emails. The native browser is, as usual, a tad slow but gets the job done. The larger display does make for slightly easy navigation. On the plus side, Intex has thrown in Opera Mini as well as Bolt as alternative browser options. Amongst the social networking aspects, the IN 8810 is loaded up with chat apps of all kinds – Nimbuzz and eBuddy which pretty much make the AOL, MyLive and Motalk (Gtalk app)s quite redundant. A twitter application is also on board but strangely Facebook was absent. A Zoomi App for the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth games and details about Delhi was also on board

vshow_connect_450x360.jpg

Other connectivity options include Bluetooth with A2DP support and USB that allows you to use the handset as a storage drive, Com Port and a Webcam for your laptop or PC. It also supports Pict Bridge via USB.

Misc. Features

From a Task option to a Calendar for keeping schedules and marking events, a calculator, stopwatch, alarm and all other regular mobile phone features, the In 8810 also packs in a Blacklist option for blocking calls or messages from specific numbers. The projector is once again a waste seeing as the handset has no support for most MS Document file formats. However a Word Reader app is provided for .DOC files but no presentations can be displayed. An option to reject calls with an SMS if you’re in a meeting or otherwise occupied is present and so is a Background Sound app if your bent on fooling people on the line about your whereabouts.

Camera

The fixed focus camera says 3.2Megapixels (which is 2048 x 1536 pixels) around the lens however the settings in the camera itself don’t go over 2 megapixels. The Spec sheet I received from the company made things even more complicated by stating its 1.3MP. In Native resolution the size comes up to 1600 x 1200 i.e. 2 megapixels. Features are quite mundane – White balance, Night Mode, Burst mode and brightness control amongst a few others. A multidirectional Panorama mode is also provided but you’ll have to compare and manually stitch images together using s silhouette of the previous photo. An LED flash is also included for low light conditions and video recording options go up to 720 x 480 pixels @25fps in either 3GP or MP4 formats.

img_297222_img10007_450x360.jpg

Image quality is extremely average at best. Photos appear dull and slightly unfocused in certain areas with colours looking quite dark and dreary. Close ups don’t look too bad though. The LED flash really doesn’t help too much in low lit indoor condition.

Battery Life

Pushing a good two hours and 40 minutes (plus) of battery life with video on the projector makes the IN 8810 a pretty decent handset. On a single charge the 1500mAh battery ran for over a day and a half of normal usage which included calls messages and a little bit of media and net surfing thrown in. Battery life on an average clocked in about 4 hours and 35 minutes which is not bad at all in my book.

The Bottom Line

It seems like a large chunk of the weight this handset carries is in the price tag. At a Whopping rs.16, 999 (MRP) the Intex V.Show is one seriously pricey non-smartphone device. Sure the projector is way better than its rival the G’FIVE, but it lacks the G’FIVE's slim sleek looks and heavy duty build quality and is no match for the price. Even though the quality of the device's USP is so much better, the simple fact that you’ll never be able to enjoy it thoroughly, is a thumbs down for me and more so because of the heavy price. This is the only handset I Know that doesn’t use a Smartphone OS and is priced in the league of one.

vshow_main_450x360.jpg

I say hold on to your cash for a little bit longer if this is the kind of functionality you’re seriously considering as a criteria for your next handset purchase. Since the tech is here already but still quite new, it’s not going to be too long before rivals aim to make a better and cheaper product and will hopefully perfect the system. My Hope is that Intex takes heed and fixes these flaws. Let’s hope the V.Show II (if that’s what they call it) offers those extra bits that’s been 'cut off' from this one.

Courtesy : Tech2

I am sure some time from now some big company will come with similar product covering limitation these products have. I have seen this type of phone before projecting about 300 mm X 300 mm picture and in dark when projected over white board, it gave not excellent but presentable picture quality.

another projector mobile.with tv........http://cgi.ebay.in/PROJECTOR-MOBILE-DUAL-SIM-TOUCHSCREEN-2-CAMERA-SHAKE-/170599972723?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item27b88cff73#ht_21163wt_968............the seller is very nice.i purchased 2 mobiles for my employees.