Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harismahesh

Steps to update new ROM for Samsung EPIC

you have to root ur phone + install recovery - This is done by installing One click root. So this step we covered.

Step 1 : Download, the ROM, ODIN software, MODEM and PIT FROM THE rom PROVIDER.

Step 2 : Open ODIN.EXE

Step 3 : Put your phone to download mode. To do so, simply hold the number 1 on the keyboard, and the power button at the same time.

Step 4 : Once in download mode, plug the USB cable into the phone. Only plug the phone in AFTER Odin is up and running or Odin won't pick up the phone.

Step 5 : Place the PIT file where it says "PIT" and the modem.bin file where it says "phone". (modem file will be a zip, extract it and will get modem.bin)

Step 6 : On the left side of ODIN there is an options box. Make sure that "reboot" is the ONLY thing that's checked. RE-PARTITION and F.RESET TIME SHOULD BE UNCHECKED.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH ODIN AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ELSE IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE

Step 7 : Now Click Start button. That process wil complete and then will restart.

NOW PART 1 is OVER. Next Copy the ROM file to root of ur sdcard. Means just in sdcard not inside any folder.

Step 8 : Reboot the phone to recovery. Switch off the phone and Press VOLUME DOWN, CAMERA AND POWER button. So the phone will be in recovery mode.

Step 9 : Sometimes u may see flash the sdcard:update.zip. DONT CLICK THAT !!!!!!

Step 10 : Click option "install zip from sdcard".

Step 11 : Select the option using volume up or down button. And for selecting Click Camera button.

Step 12 : Then Choose zip from sdcard and then select the name of ROM.zip file and then again click to confirm. Now sit back and enjoy. It will updated with new rom.

Step 13 : Then select the option for reboot.

EPIC WILL BE RESTARTED WITH NEW ROM !!!!!!!!

Edited by harismahesh
  • Like 4

Hari, Don't need to understand anything above as not having EPIC But.....

Appreciate the modest approach (Much needed at RIMweb) reflected in the words of Topic Description "By the NOOB for the NOOB".

And +1 For that.

+1 dear Hari for all your efforts. :)

Hari, u have over simplified too much which may lead to much problem and sometimes even bricking. Kindly use the power of odin with great responsibility. The choice of modem and pit files have to be spot on.

Sent from my EPIC 4G using Tapatalk

Hari, u have over simplified too much which may lead to much problem and sometimes even bricking. Kindly use the power of odin with great responsibility. The choice of modem and pit files have to be spot on.

Sent from my EPIC 4G using Tapatalk

Ok dhiraj ji...I will edit it...since I think the problem is i mentioned about downloading the modem and pit files.. I will edit it !

Informative post, Hari. +1 :)