Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
M.S.Rao

Reliance Launches Free Mobile TV offer for 3G Subscribers

Reliance Mobile has come up with an exciting offer that brings together all 3G Lovers to test the next generation 3G mobile TV service free of cost. All Reliance 3G users in towns where Reliance Communications (Rcom) has launched its 3G Mobile and Data services can now view Unlimited Live TV services including all available TV channels for FREE.

Reliance 3G Mobile TV enables the customers to watch live TV channels on their mobile phones. The customer will have access to 120 channels across genres. Also available is deferred content and video on demand.The service is available through a downloadable client application, as well as through the WAP portal. The client is available for about 85% of the handsets available in the market.

To avail the free FREE Live offer, Reliance Mobile users will have to download Mobile TV application by one toll free sms. There is No subscription charges, no data charges to access services with in promotional offer period.

To download the Mobile TV app and avail the offer, users have send MTV to 55447 (Toll Free).The start date of the offer is 8th Janurary 2011 and the end date is 31st Janurary 2011.

Apart from the FREE offer, 3G Mobile TV Pricing for Reliance is subscription based. Once the customers download the client, they can subscribe to packages or individual channels through the client itself. The subscription packs are available for Daily, Weekly and Monthly Plans for packs and individual channels.

There is no separate charge for data used while watching mobile TV, and data usage will not count towards the free quota if the customer is a 3G data plan subscriber.

Edited by nlr2334481

Thanks for information. Good offer but for limited period.

Thanks for information. Good offer but for limited period.

Maybe they extended

The MTNL/BSNL variant by Apalya (the third party service provider for all Mobile TV) does not work on android. Any idea whether Reliance version works or not?

The MTNL/BSNL variant by Apalya (the third party service provider for all Mobile TV) does not work on android. Any idea whether Reliance version works or not?

hi

not sure about MTNL/BSNL but hey....it works beautifully with my RELIANCE GSM simcard in MUMBAI on my Motorola Milestone with ANDROID. After sending sms as "3G" to 53333, I got "RELIANCE TV" application file (.APK android installer) automatically, which I installed and tested all TV Stations working great with no speed or voice issue. Voice sync was perfect. all fine. Goodluck all pals.

Edited by cmahendra

hi

not sure about MTNL/BSNL but hey....it works beautifully with my RELIANCE GSM simcard in MUMBAI on my Motorola Milestone with ANDROID. After sending sms as "3G" to 53333, I got "RELIANCE TV" application file (.APK android installer) automatically, which I installed and tested all TV Stations working great with no speed or voice issue. Voice sync was perfect. all fine. Goodluck all pals.

Try to upload that apk file here and we will try on our CDMA android handsets.

Thanks

cmahendra,

please upload the apk file. I am only gettin error ............ waiting for data connection.

Mobile tv application for Samsung fascinate on Reliance CDMA ???

how do i enable install it and from where ??