Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vikasmahajanz

Reliance Broadband+ Wi-Fi Pocket Router

So Finally Reliance has also introduced Wi-Fi Pocket Router For EVDO connectivity over WIFI

Wi-Fi-Pocket-Router.jpg

Features :

Multi User and Multi Device Capability bullet-grey-small.gif The Wi-Fi Router is capable of connecting 5 Wi-Fi Devices bullet-grey-small.gif On highways, rail routes, airport lounges and remote locations. Speed at Connections bullet-grey-small.gif Down link speed up to 3.1 Mbps bullet-grey-small.gif Up link sped up to 1.8 Mbps bullet-grey-small.gif The speed of the individual depends on the applications he is accessing bullet-grey-small.gif Product has a battery backup of 4.2 Hrs and running time of 2.5 Hrs. bullet-grey-small.gif It creates secure personal Wi-Fi hotspot of 5 to 10 meters radius.

Price is bit Higher as i feel 8599/-

Check This Link for further details : http://rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet_hsdrouter.html

Regards

Vikas Mahajan

The pricing is atrocious.

http://www.olivetelecom.in/olive-nexus-vr9-wireless-router/ (Rs. 3499)

+

http://www.rcom.co.in/Rcom/personal/internet/wireless_internet.html (Rs. 1599)

=

Rs. 5098

Can do the same job. Also Olive Nexus can also be used with any other operator's USB modem.

Hope some sense prevails in the pricing team of RCOM.

The olive site indicates following

Flexible features:

-Bandwidth add-up (LAN+WAN)

-Automatic failover (LAN<->WAN)

Does this mean it has in-built load balancing also?

:previous:

Yes.

For example, if you've connected BSNL landline broadband(eg. you're on 1 Mbps plan) and RCOM EVDO USB modem (3.1 Mbps)

then

when both are working fine, then you'll get total speed of 4.1 Mbps

If one fails, then it'll automatically shifts the traffic on failed one to the one which is working

Load balancing routers used to cost around Rs.9000 the last time I checked. So, @ 3500, this is a steal just for that.

Is anybody using the Olive Nexus V-R9 Wireless Router?

How long have you been using?

Any comments on the performance will be helpful.

Thanks

I am thinking of buying one.

Suggestion on better/competing products will also be helpful.

Edited by pajat

Is anybody using the Olive Nexus V-R9 Wireless Router?

How long have you been using?

Any comments on the performance will be helpful.

Thanks

I am thinking of buying one.

Suggestion on better/competing products will also be helpful.

Hi pajat,

I have been using the Olive router for around 3 months now. I find it quite easy to use. The initial settings are not very difficult. The range is quite good. In fact I'm getting better coverage area with this than the 3 year old Linksys which I have. However the battery life is around an hour & a half, not 4 hours as mentioned by someone ( I normally keep it plugged in). The ethernet port can be dually configured to be utilised either as a Lan (if you want to distribute an USB based internet connection via ethernet cable) or as a Wan (if the net connection reaches the router thru an ethernet cable).

No reliability issues thus far. A very similar looking model is made by another brand called Zalip (no difference at all though some say that has wifi 'n' in addition to 'b' & 'g'). However Zalip is available for around 5k which is fifteen hundred more than the Olive. I use my Olive with my Netconnect plus. At times its useful to place this router in a position where there is better reception for the dongle rather than if it was fixed to the laptop location.

I haven't tried any custom firmware out there but I hear 'tomato' has been succesfully used with it. If you're looking for a basic portable router then you can confidently go for this one. If you wish to buy it from offline sources, you can buy them retail at Croma stores.

Best,

man-saturday.

Dear @man-saturday, thanks for excellent feedback.....

Have you tested the features mentioned in the post?

If yes....can you throw some feedback on those features?

Dear @man-saturday, thanks for excellent feedback.....

Have you tested the features mentioned in the post?

If yes....can you throw some feedback on those features?

Thanks kesav :)

Haven't tried that configuration yet. But will do so in a couple of days & post back here.

Thanks man-saturday! That was helpful.

In some windows of my flat, I have direct line-of-sight to a Reliance EVDO tower, about 250 meters away. So, one of those windows should be a nice place to keep the Olive+Netconnect combo.

Edited by pajat