Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Honest

Please Suggest A Birthday Gift For My Son

+1 for kamal an for ur son for being great swimmer.

Next thing i was about suggest you to do YOGA classes,

And Although genius had given option of GYM, it really not ALLOW MY MIND THAT TEENAGER GOING GYM.

So look out for some thing which is nearby to ur home and still offer excellent development

• Like 1

@genius i am not at all talking abt height issue. my personal experience is that all traniers force to take up weights which is not good in the long run if you discontinue. besides, once you start weights, you are forced for taking why proteins and other drugs which are harmful. i know gym does not mean only weights but in India, 99% of gym means weight. they will force you for weights after 1-2 months. thats my personal experience and that whats ACS is saying.

• Like 1

^^^ If thats is the case you change your instructor or tell him what you want in your goal - increasing weights is an method for body builders prof. ones, you simply do functional training and regarding whey - dont have it its required for high protein diet which you an get it from other source - soy - egg or dal what ever - dont take that as a excuse for not going to gym, things need to change for atleast RIMwebians we are not in those common man list, if you dont hav a good gym look for a good trainer - if you dont have a good trainer look for good literature in net. there are lots of site with guidance - best is do it with body weight - you wont be wrong then,

• Like 1

@vinayji

After a long long time, its pleasure to read your comments about health.

I started weight training at 14 along with martial arts and did it till 30, then for 10 years due to scr***d up priorities, I became very very irregular in exercise and at 40 I started with yog. I plan to start self weight bearing exercises april 2011 and probably weights along with yog in jan 2012.

BTW, I am 178 cms tall and 73 kgs today. I became 62 in 2007 due to TB.

Habit to Exercise is the best thing parents can gift a child. IMHO.

• Like 1

+1 to you all above for your valuable suggestions. :)

Karthik Bhai, Badminton is my son's favourite sport and he loves it also. He got selected in his School's Badminton Team when he was in Sixth Standard. He played many badminton matches for his school in the inter-school badminton championships and won on most of the times. Till date he plays Badminton Matches for his school and I'm really proud of him. :)

Ganesan & Chirag Brother, no doubts books are always the best gift. I used to gift him books on other occasions. :)

Ani Bhai.....we already have a digicam, thats why not planning to gift a Camera. :)

Genius Brother, many thanks for clearing my doubts about Gym. And yes, as you and Saket Brother suggested, Yoga classes alongwith Gym could be the best option. :)

Kalpak Ji, I 100% agree with you......as parents, the best thing we can do is to motivate the children to Exercise on regular basis. :)

• Like 1

EDIT: On lighter note, gift him a brother/sister next year :D start planning now only, so by next Jan you will have the gift ready! (j/k, don't take it in bad way)

Ani Bhai, infact its the best idea. As it will be the permanent gift for lifetime. :)

@ friends forgive me if i am being rude but - STOP POSTING LATE @ NIGHTS AND SLEEP INSTEAD

GEt back to me

you have only one body to live with .............

Vinay Bhau.....aap toh haamarey badey bhai hain.....aap agar rudely bhi bolengey toh bhi chalega. Haq hai apko. :) Afterall you are guiding us for our benefit only. :)

I'm already on the track to sleep early now a days because a good night sleep of atleast 7-8 hours is necessary for our body (as you told in one of the other thread). :)

Soon, I will sleep early and wake-up early. Fir der raat ko nahi early morning ko mulaakaat hua karegi. :)

Aur Genius Brother, iss baar mil nahi paye Mumbai mein. Agli baar definetely milenge. :)

By the way, I appreciate our Kalpak Ji, as he is the man who always wake-up early in the morning. I'm observing his posts from the last 5 years and he always been the first to post on Rimweb in the early morning hours. You can see all his posts and you will find 98% of his posts were made in the early morning on Rimweb. Great going Kalpak Brother. Keep it up. I'm also joining the league very soon. :)

Waise time kya ho gaya ????

Arey 3 baj gaye......Bhago...... :scarerun:

Kamalji, waiting for you to join league of early wakers. :-)

+1 for kamal

YOGA+GYM

ANSWER LOCK KIYA JAYE.

One more idea i would like to share.

Give him A plant of flower or fruit etc.

Tell him that this is ur lifetime gift.

He need to preserve this for whole life,

This will make him a habit of "Connected to Environment" and good hobby of gardening.

TREE are our lifetime friends. So he will care that as like friend and His "Caring for OTHER" habit will be cultivated simultaneously..

• Like 1

^^^

Like the planting idea!

Good 1

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Personally I prefer books, my father always used to gift books, but overall from this thread I think some sort of outgoing/physical activity is logical choice.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but have you considered pets? A dog might be, or an aquarium? Dogs can be very good companions and instill a sense of responsibility.

• Like 1

@Saket and Dipan

Thanks for your valuable suggestion and +1 for the same.

Can't gift a plant as in Mumbai we live in a Society Flat......Jis din EK BANGLA BANEGA NYAARA.....HAMAARA.....uss din gift karunga usko chota sa ek plant.....jo kuch saal baad ek vishaal ped (tree) ban jaega aur khoob sarey phal (fruits) bhi dega :) and about the Aquarium, we gifted him Aquarium on his 8th birthday, which is still there and he loves it. :)

Dear friends,

As maximum of you suggested for gifting gym subscription to my son, I discussed the same with my wife and even shown this thread to her :).....we decided to gift him ONE YEAR SUBSCRIPTION TO GYM and SWIMMING. :) The instructor clearly told that he will not allow my son for Weight Lifting etc. and will be strict to it. :)

We are thankful to you all dear friends and Rimweb......that we came to the conclusion for such a wonderful gift for our son after having your suggestions. :)

Ab ek aur khushkhabri :

When we visited the Gym....there's ongoing scheme for FAMILY PACKAGE. So, I taken the membership also for me, my wife and my son. :)

Meri biwi toh sabse jyaada khush hai, :hug: ke maine bhi gym join kar liya hai. :wub: She was trying to convince me from the last many years for joining the gym. Ab hum bhi thoda weight loss kar lenge aur body shody banaa lenge. Ab shayad wajan 103 se ghatker 95 ho he jayega kuch din mein he. wavexc2.gifwavexc2.gifwavexc2.gif

Thanks once again dear friends for your valuable suggestions. :)

picturethankyou.gif

• Like 1

wise move mate ... now go to sleep!

• Like 1

^^^

:hi2: +1 for reminding me that I've to sleep now. :)

Lo hum chale sone ko......Shubh Ratri..... :sleep1::scarerun:

:sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3: :sleep3:

Kindle... not any tabloid..

Just Kindle..

It might not be value for money when you think of other tabloids..

But with the objective in mind.. the best gift ever for a teenager if it helps him read more and more

• Like 1

all the best for ur Xtra fats.

And permanent bye bye to them.

And happy birthday to him.

• Like 1

So, I taken the membership also for me, my wife and my son. :)

Meri biwi toh sabse jyaada khush hai, :hug:

That's a very wise and a good thing you have done

and record break pahali bar bhabhi khush hui hain.....

• Like 1

Thanks Vishal, Saket and Genius Brother. :)

funny-picture-9979524056.jpg

^ KamaL Bhai version 2.0 ^

:clap::winko:

By the way, always have your sonny under supervision in the gym. And please adhere to zero weight lifting programme.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha.....Karthik Bhai.....Good One.... +1 lotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.giflotpotkr8.gif

Hope some day I have a great body like above. Till than ONLY HOPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING. :Confuso: