Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajapratap143

Phone Engaged when using Data

What about this case - In Evdo Rev A signal coverage, a mobile with 1x capability is connected to EVDO tower in 1x mode. Does the phone remains engaged in this case too?

What about this case - In Evdo Rev A signal coverage, a mobile with 1x capability is connected to EVDO tower in 1x mode. Does the phone remains engaged in this case too?

Yes, it would give engage tone.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

If you dont want to miss any incoming calls when using 1x try call forwarding option if you are using pospaid.

To activate Call forwarding dial *303 followed by number you will be forwarding the calls(*30393xxxxxxxx) & press call,you will get a voice message saying call forwarding activated,to decativate call forwarding dial *308 & press call.

Try this option,but I am not sure whether this works.

Hello,

I have two general queries on RCDMA; would appreciate a response.

1. In CDMA2000 1xRTT while using internet on phone or while tethering phone to a computer to use data service, is it possible to accept phone calls simultaneously or would the phone line be engaged while using data services? Alternatively, is it possible to use data services (R-Connect) while on a phone call?

2. In RCDMA, if we use internet on phone or tether it to a computer, would the tariff be the same as Reliance Netconnect/Netconnect+ or would a different set of tariffs apply?

Thanks and regards.

=================

Update:

@ Admins,

Thank you for moving my post to the appropriate section.

Query no. 1 has been answered in this topic. I understand that simultaneous voice and data doesn't work on CDMA2000 1xRTT but would still like to know that if 1x data is on but on *idle mode*, then would calls come through?

Thanks.

Edited by LethalTexas

Query no. 1 has been answered in this topic. I understand that simultaneous voice and data doesn't work on CDMA2000 1xRTT but would still like to know that if 1x data is on but on *idle mode*, then would calls come through?

Thanks.

It all depends... I mean android keeps syncing Gmail contacts etc... Whats app etc also needs continues connection... It all depends if both the times the calls and data clashes... How can you judge of your handset is in idle mode and no one is calling you???? Unless your missed call alert is active and you randomly receive an SMS that someone tried to can you... Better way get evdo activated of you wish to use voice and data together...

One more thing voice and data simultaneously is also handset depended... Like if your call is active it is possible that your data is on hold... Few handsets support simultaneous calling and data... Like s3, HTC EVO lte etc...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Hello,

I have two general queries on RCDMA; would appreciate a response.

1. In CDMA2000 1xRTT while using internet on phone or while tethering phone to a computer to use data service, is it possible to accept phone calls simultaneously or would the phone line be engaged while using data services? Alternatively, is it possible to use data services (R-Connect) while on a phone call?

2. In RCDMA, if we use internet on phone or tether it to a computer, would the tariff be the same as Reliance Netconnect/Netconnect+ or would a different set of tariffs apply?

Thanks and regards.

=================

Update:

@ Admins,

Thank you for moving my post to the appropriate section.

Query no. 1 has been answered in this topic. I understand that simultaneous voice and data doesn't work on CDMA2000 1xRTT but would still like to know that if 1x data is on but on *idle mode*, then would calls come through?

Thanks.

Try Motorola photon q. Cheap and best option. For using call data and hotspot all same time without any issue . Tried and tested by me on 1299. Truly unlimited plan .

• Like 1

Thank you cdmaexpert. I'll definitely have a look at the Moto Photon Q.