Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
FEVIN-RAJ

Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA

@amitksvs u can download and use any offline navigation software from this forum

Hello All,

I'm planning to buy a good CDMA phone in range of 10-12k,I'm attracted towards galaxy pop as it is well within my budget and offers almost everything I want.Although I've a few queries,PLZ answer them in detail,I need a phone urgently,

1.My biggest concern is the battery,my usage is 1 hour talk,1 hour surf,medium brightness,I don't listen to music or message a lot,how long will it last.Also I found a very good article

http://igyaan.in/201...p-fit-pop-cdma/

I request u all to go thru it,and let me know if it makes any difference.

2.My second concern in regarding data services.I wish to use tata indicom,many people have mentioned that even in OMH card in tata,its not getting connected.I wish to use these plans

http://www.tataphoto...-on-mobile.aspx

(click on "tarrif")

its offering me 2gb for Rs.43,Also I got a very good information in one of the reviews,

go thru ths link

http://www.samsung.c...onsumer_reviews

have a look at the second review on ths page frm "JerFer".He has mentioned that dialing *#data# open a "secret"menu whr we can do all the settings.I request u all to try it out and let us all know,if possible post a pic.

3.I request u all to plz go thru all the above links,thez r very useful,plz post and answer my queries in detail.SHALL BE REALLY THANKFUL.Also let me kno if u guys suggest me any other phone.I basically want an android phone in which I can check my mails and browse a bit.

REPLY SOON GUYS

any update about android v2.3 for pop cdma?

@RohitBansal

If your budget is 12K as you mentioned, you can buy one of the good imported handset available on the forum. You can consider Samsung Epic or Fascinate. Either of them will be miles ahead of galaxy pop in terms of hardware and specs.

On ebay there r only reliance versions available,moreover they r in price range of 16-20k.A bit above my budget,my budget is 10-12k.Can u plz reply my queries related to the galaxy pop,I've done a lot of research and a couple of links I've provided can actually be helpful.Plz go thru my post.

Secondly,even if I buy any of thez imported models I'm not sure if I'll be able to get tata indicom data plan on it.

have a look at the second review on ths page frm "JerFer".He has mentioned that dialing *#data# open a "secret"menu whr we can do all the settings.I request u all to try it out and let us all know,if possible post a pic

I tried the above code, but it only opened " MMS Domestic Settings" nothing else.

any other codes??

Hello

I had purchased a Galaxy Pop CDMA (SCH-I559) some time back and am really enjoying the android experience. By now I finally managed to build up the guts to root my phone and try to update it a little and needed some help'

1) The internal memory (phone memory) in this phone is very less so I rooted it some time back and have moved almost everything to the SD card, could you please tell me how I can clear up some more space (I've barely 17MB free even after all this). Specifically could you please give me a list of the bloatware that I can remove

2) Kies says that there is an update available, it downloads for sometime and then restarts and again gives the same message (pathetic software this ..) could you please suggest what I need to do,

3) if someone has applied this update, please tell me what all has changed, is it really worth the effort?

Please help me out

Use system app remover.apk to remove bloatware. Google search is not so friendly nowadays so you may require more time in searching. This is the best root uninstaller. If you don't get it pm me. Try a CM7 based rom, its minimal and fast.

Sent from my HTC Ace using Tapatalk 2

:previous:

Thanks dr.faramroze, Am already using a root access uninstaller, however can't really free up that much space with it.

Is there a CM7 based rom that is compatible with my phone? The site does not mention my phone, although it mentions the samsung mini on which this phone is apparently based.

Found that the root/system/apps directory contains around 70mb of apps, can someone please tell me which ones I can remove/shift to sd card to free up space.

Since u have already rooted your phone.. u can use Link2SD app to move "apk, dalvik-cache and lib files" and thereby freeing up your internal storage. U can also use this app to Uninstall system applications. But, first u need to create a second partition on your SD card using any partition manager such as Minitool or other softwares...

Edited by amit.shah
  • Like 1

Since u have already rooted your phone.. u can use Link2SD app to move "apk, dalvik-cache and lib files" and thereby freeing up your internal storage. U can also use this app to Uninstall system applications. But, first u need to create a second partition on your SD card using any partition manager such as Minitool or other softwares...

Yes, boot your phone into recovery mode, go into partition sd card, minimum 1Gb ext3 partition with 0mb swap. Then you can flash an ext3 compatible rom or move your system .apks to ext3 partition. You will not need rom manager or minitool.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Yes, boot your phone into recovery mode, go into partition sd card, minimum 1Gb ext3 partition with 0mb swap. Then you can flash an ext3 compatible rom or move your system .apks to ext3 partition. You will not need rom manager or minitool.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Dr.faramroze & amit.shah ...will try making the second partition on the sd card and moving stuff there. Do you know of any custom roms that I can flash to this phone? I'm a little disappointed with samsung ever since one of my friends got a spice phone. It's specs are pretty similar to mine, yet it has gingerbread installed and has about 70 mb free on the internal drive (which is smaller than mine) not sure how much bloatware samsung has put in.

Started making the partition and stuff...is link2sd the only software I need to transfer the apks, cache and lib folders? am not planning to flash a new rom right now (can't seem to find one)

just finished off with the partitioning and stuff, was able to move a few apps but most of the bloatware is registered as a system app and won't move. Also the convert to user app function in link2sd returns an error ....please help.

BTW for any others who are planning to do this, here is a guide. http://www.xperiablog.net/2011/12/12/link2sd-guide-never-worry-about-internal-memory-limits-again/

U can try removing the bloatware using Titanium Backup Pro after taking backup of system apps (so that in case if anything goes wrong u can restore the app)

just finished linking a lot of stuff using link2sd ....it's amazing how much space apps were eating on my internal memory, even ones that said they were on the sd card. Now have more than 70mb free on my internal drive ....thanks everyone