Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manujgupta

HTC Incredible Gorilla Glass Broken

Somehow I have managed to break my Incredible's gorilla glass screen. Please help me with pointers as to where can i get it fixed. I live in delhi and have been to Gaffar Market. No body there can fix this phone as the glass is not available.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Manuj Gupta

Would you care to describe how it got broke? So other mortals in awe of Gorilla Glass know better how frail or strong it is?

I tripped and fell down and my Incredible was in my hand. It landed face first on the ground along with me.

Thanks and Regards

Manuj Gupta

You can buy spare part (the glass specifically for Incredible) from E-bay and get it replaced thru an experienced mobile repair guy!

that proves two things,

1. Gorilla or no Gorilla, its Glass after all and would break more easily than that standard polymer based screens.

2. One should never develop to bad habit of using a phone while walking and looking at the screen rather than the road/floor.

that proves two things,

2. One should never develop to bad habit of using a phone while walking and looking at the screen rather than the road/floor.

Sab idea walon ki galti hai... "walk n talk... what an idea sir jee"

lol

Somehow I have managed to break my Incredible's gorilla glass screen. Please help me with pointers as to where can i get it fixed. I live in delhi and have been to Gaffar Market. No body there can fix this phone as the glass is not available.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Manuj Gupta

I'm sorry it happened with you. Hope you get a good replacement glass.

Pl excuse me for being slightly offtopic:

I never knew Incredible Droid has gorilla glass because its not mentioned anywhere in the specs. Anyway, if it is so, then I have one more reason to be happy being an owner of an Incredible phone :)

Coming back to the topic: They don't claim that gorilla glass is unbreakable. It is claimed to be unscratchable.

Edited by amtrag

^

nothing's unbreakable in this world; not even diamonds...

^^^

except Rajnikanth

well if you try to break rajnikant.. they break into 2 little rajnis who will kick your a$$ with their unbelievable physics defying acrobatic stunts.

caution: Please dont try this at home, only 1 rajnikant is enough for us! :P

Thanks all for the help and the humour :)

Finally bought this: http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400194240281&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4278wt_1139

The glass is already attached to the front housing, so just have to change the housing. Read at lot of places that it is really painstaking to change the glass and there are generally complaints afterwards of dust coming inside.

Thanks and Regards

Manuj Gupta