Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
omitav

BlackBerry 8530 GPS Fix

Hello all

got a new 8530 from Tata, but found that Google maps does not work on this - its unable to get a GPS fix (maybe the application cannot access the GPS chip at all). Read up on the net and it seems that most 8530's have this problem, but there is a solution using QPST for this, more details available at http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/real-fix-broken-gps-guide-v1-0-a-192999/

Unfortunately, this fix requires the SPC code for the phone, and this one is a doozy! apparently, the OS is protected and CDMAworkshop is unable to read and dump the OS. I've looked around for the solution but found nothing on the net. Would any kind soul know how I can get the SPC for 8530 from tata? I don't wish to change the SPC, since that may create problems for OTA programming, right?

Or if anyone knows how to get the GPS working for Google maps, even that would help :-)

Thanks.

Just activated my 8530 on TATA & they gave me SPC for MIN programming. Will share the SPC on forum for u tomorrow as it is written in my office something starting with 8.

SPC for TATA Blackberry is ##853082. Do let me know if ur tweak works... Even I want to enable GPS.

Does Reliance also give the SPC for its BB 9650 ?

What do i have to tell them to get it ?

Thanks Hiteshbhai, SPC is correct, I was able to check it on my BB. will try the GPS fix and let you know how that goes.

Thanks Hiteshbhai, SPC is correct, I was able to check it on my BB. will try the GPS fix and let you know how that goes.

Hi, I did the steps as mentioned here http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/real-fix-broken-gps-guide-v1-0-a-192999/. Since the SPC was already known, I started directly from section IIIB, and only needed to use QPST. Build 215 was specified in the guide but that didn't work for me, I couldnt get the gpsOne tab in QPST, but using a newer build (348) did the trick. I checked all the options in the tab, and then I tested the phone outdoors. I didn't change the PDE IP and port settings, since they were already there in the phone. But I did update the PDE Transport and Position Calculation settings.

GPS does work better now - I can get an instantaneous lock to multiple satellites, tested this with GPSed and Blackstar. BUT unfortunately, Google maps still does not work with GPS. It is still working on triangulation from cell towers and shows me about a Km away from where I am :-(

Stuck for ideas now.

Will try on weekends n check.

Will try on weekends n check.

Hi, any luck?