Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
joshm

Please Suggest a OMH Based Android Handset Within Rs.16K

hey folks .

well to cut the long story short , it seems you cant use imported handsets with corporate numbers of reliance CDMA.

so i need an Indian OMH or RUIM based handset

my minimum requirements are

Budget - around 15 or 16

cpu - 1Ghz or more

Ram - 512 or more

camers - 5MP or more

atleast amoled 4 inches screen , all in all like fascinate or around it.

waiting patiently for the replies.

regards

There is not a single OMH Sim based CDMA Android handset within 15-16K which will fulfill all of your minimum requirements.

You can consider the following two options which AFAIK are the only CDMA Androids in india which are OMH Sim Capable.

1. Motorola Milestone XT800 CDMA+GSM Dual Sim, Dual Standby Android at Rs 16,999. Details Here http://www.rimweb.in...post__p__229716

2. Samsung Galaxy POP CDMA. Around 9K. This is the relevant topic http://www.rimweb.in...ming-next-week/

Thanks a bunch Rajan ji :)

but they dont impress me really , after using fascinate ( even if for like 1 wekk or so ) i have become fond of it.

if it wasn't this corporate number issue i would have settled for nothing less than fascinate .

Thanks again mate .

lets hope something comes from somewhere :P

regards

Josh why would you need RUIM or OMH just for corporate number? Sorry but unable to understand why a MEID registered imported or official non RUIM handset would not work? OMH or RUIM handsets are not that good specs wise.

well the thing is i purchased a meid based fascinate from here at RIMWEB , but the thing is in that handset the number gets barred or the call disconnects after 3 seconds.

the reason i was told was that , corporate number may have diff security measures adopted so they may not be compatible with imported handsets .

in that case i am left with only Indian MEID or OMH based handsets.

i am asking this thing just out of sheer compulsion TBH .

regards

PS : do u guyz know anyone out there who has a corporate number and has been using MEID based imported handsets.???

he or she might help

^ using droid incredible with a corporate connection..

well the thing is i purchased a meid based fascinate from here at RIMWEB , but the thing is in that handset the number gets barred or the call disconnects after 3 seconds.

the reason i was told was that , corporate number may have diff security measures adopted so they may not be compatible with imported handsets .

in that case i am left with only Indian MEID or OMH based handsets.

i am asking this thing just out of sheer compulsion TBH .

regards

PS : do u guyz know anyone out there who has a corporate number and has been using MEID based imported handsets.???

he or she might help

Your issue is not the corporate connection but the wrong A-KEY in phone.

Wait for HP sir to reply though.

IMO its definitely wrong akey

@joshm: I too faced the same difficulty with my Pixi Plus. They gave me same crap about the security thing. But the guy in my webworld raised a compliant and told me that it would have to be done from the backend at Mumbai. HE raised a case, and finally the number was transferred.

It seems that the people at webworld do not have the authority to transfer corporate MDN's, but you can definitely use corporate nos. on imported handsets.

Manuj

Edited by manujgupta

even i have a corporate number under DAPO, hope i wud not face this issue with milestone XT 800

well great news folks, with some awesome efforts by hetal dear and another great friend of his the awesome mr Amit , I have just got my new fascinate. my number as well as evdo both are working great.

infact I am making this post with the same handset .

this is simply awesome.

I can't even begin to explain how hard all three of us worked in resolving so many issues. and especially herald. he devoted so much time with me and at last. I have my handset.

thanks to you all as well who came and replied to my query here and suggested so much.

a special bunch of thankies to the real rescuer rajen mehta ji.

you do a tremendous job dear mate by helping us all

love ya

respect to u all

Dr AB

Edited by joshm