Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
harshonline

My Experience With Rim

Hello friends,

I am a prepaid user of RIM for last 8 months. And already i have experiences as if they are gained over 8 years...

ok let me start it...

I had been using the Airtel for last 3 years on their post paid plan till July 2004 then i decided to go for RIM (on Nokia 2280) after being convinced by a marketing agent who told me the benefits of the Rworld. And i really started enjoying the Rworld's rSurf item, like checking email on the move..

Now on october last year suddenly my Handset died. (that's what Nokia care told me)

Now after long painfull 21 days i was given my set back, with a problem that i can't make a single call because its not been reprogrammed by reliance.(they call it- set dont have Auteff or whatever). Reason- previously they say they can program the set with a single call *228 now unfortunatly that number is reserved for GSK and HCC..

So at webworld they emailed in front of me to the Handset division of reliance and ask to wait for 12-24 hours. i contacted the customer care after these hours and webworld but they say they are processing the complain... and after around 36 hours i started calling customercare from my landline phone after every 3 hours. And each time they ask before listning my case "whether you have balance- oh sir do you have validity- etc.." finally when they got me i have spent 10 calls from landline...Finally when i said i giving them a fairwell if my handset is not reactivated within 3 hours i got a calll with in 40 minutes from a Navi Mumbai development centre and asked to dial *228 and my set become all fine...

Having gone through all this experience i decided to change my handset using the HCC i decided to go for a NOKIA 2112 after consulting with customer care, They told me i will be able to use all Rworld Application excluding Video.. including the the Rsurf for which i specifically asked... now when i purchased Nokia2112 and got my number on it i found Rsurf absent. This time CC said 2112 dose not have Rsurf.

now i complained to chairman via email and i was sent a letter of apology saying that my letter is forwarded to the concerned department... and that's it..

Now i decided to go for a LG 2130 without a number change so that i can use Rsurf for a through away price of 2300/- on prepaid but again it has lots of bug and i was asked to reinsatall a neww software...

All this has given me no benefits infact i have suffered huge loss both in terms of holding and not holding the activated set...like calling from landline to get it activated visitng webworld and nokia care centres....

I advice all of you before going for RIM to please keep one thing in mind that "Seeing is Believing in reliance"...

Thanks for all of you for contributing to this forum otherwise we are all in the dark...

too bad

most of us here have been rubbed the wrong way sometime or the other by reliance

so we can understand, also u are right that u should buy things only when u know them inside out. as i told in another thread, i went to purchase 6225 and was told that it had all the features but i asked i wanted to check it and saw for myself and saw that R world was not present, when i asked the person concerned he replied that it was going to be solved soon and i need not worry. i rejected his comments and did not buy the phone otherwise my plight would have been the same

hi harsh.

about your 2280 which stopped working after servicing - what was the error that you got while trying to make a call. was it 'To resume service, please contact customer care'?

i have a 2130 and i am also unable to make any calls after getting it serviced. i have started a thread in this same forum. could you look at the details and tell me if it is the same problem. also, *228 asks for a 9 digit number, did the person from reliance give you that number?

hi harsh.

about your 2280 which stopped working after servicing - what was the error that you got while trying to make a call. was it 'To resume service, please contact customer care'?

i have a 2130 and i am also unable to make any calls after getting it serviced.  i have started a thread in this same forum.  could you look at the details and tell me if it is the same problem.  also, *228 asks for a 9 digit number, did the person from reliance give you that number?

26562[/snapback]

well the problem with 2280 is that it is not activated by reliance, they say it as auteff, you need to talk to the technical persons at web world, i think only reliance can solve your problem, you may better keep calling customer care, hoping an intelligent executive may attend your call next time, prefer calling at night to get better response...

best of luck

Harsh.

hi harsh,

i read about ur problems.

I'm having rim since they launched in mumbai! methinks that rim services (custcare, webworld etc.) was better at that time and the mobile services (calls, coverage etc) have improved since then. but reliance has launched their services on such a huge scale! So they've actually been successfull in controlling the number of problems.

But then individual experiences may differ!