Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
digitalnirvana

Beginners Guide To Android

Trick To Use Custom Mp3 Rt Etc.

Friends,

Perhaps many of you are aware of this simple trick.Still I am posting this for those who don't know.

The process is very simple and straightforward.

The process :

First creat a folder and name it as "media",inside it create another named "audio",finally inside audio creat "ringtones","alarms","notifications " and "ui" and place all your favorite. mp3 sounds in their respective folders.

Take care to name all the folders in small letters and without the quotes.Otherwise it won't be recognized by your phone.

Finally transfer the media folder to the root of your sd card and you are done.

Now whenever you want to asign a sound of your choice, be it rt or alarm or notification sounnd,aii your favorite sounds will be accessible in their respescitv menu options.

Enjoy.

This is dedicated to all of newbies :-

SO what is S-Off? :- S-OFF means that the NAND portion of the device which is unlocked and can be written. The default setting for HTC’s devices is S-ON, which means that neither can you access certain areas of the system nor can you guarantee a permanent root.

How Do I Know If My Device Is S-ON Or S-OFF? :- It is very easy to know just boot into HBOOT on your device, and the text on top will appear the flag status as either S-OFF or S-ON. A full root generally means S-OFF.

S-OFF – What And Why? :- HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device’s radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This obstructs using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified.This enables maximum customization of your phone

(S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partions to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.)

How to get S-off on phone? :-

Thanks to unrevoked tool as it is very easy to get S-off permanant on your phone. UNREVOKED is a painless root for HTC InCREDible and HTC EVO etc.

If you are looking for a simple root, visit http://unrevoked.com/m/ on your phone. Tap the logo to download the apk, install it and click Start. Your root is ready.

To get root along with permanent security level S-OFF, visit this http://unrevoked.com/recovery/. Download and install the appropriate program for your operating system (Windows, Mac OS and Linux supported). Now, simply plug in your phone to PC via USB cable, and run the program that you installed – neat and simple.

Also you can consider visiting unrevoked team’s http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever that contains even more detailed instructions and explanation.

Main advantage of unrevoked forever :-

The main advantage of using unrevoked forever is having S-OFF as the permanent security level flag. We know as HTC likes OTA updates, so having a permanent S-OFF means even if you flash an unrootable update, you can still flash a custom recovery and ROM, hence making your root permanent. You also cannot lose the ability to flash HBOOTs and radio images via FASTBOOT, which is again safer than using recovery.

Unrevoked forever manages to get S-OFF permanent as it actually grants root access to the radio/NVRAM image instead of the traditional bootloader method. Hence, even if any update flashes a new bootloader, root access stays.

Helpful Sources --

Google

http://unrevoked.com/

Hope this is may be helpful :punk:

• Like 1

Finally a new creative use of Android phones which those pesky apple-fan-boys can never do.

Seen the video twice but not able to trust its genuineness.

Its really unbelievable.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Sir, I am planning to root my phone (HTC desire vc) and add any custom ROM. Is it possible sir? Can you please let me know the process? And any custom rom available for HTC Desire VC?

Sent from my HTC Desire VC using Tapatalk 2

I don't think there is any rom for desire vc or other dual sim mobiles..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

thank you very much for your effort..Even though I use Nexus It was very educating....

I am using samsung galaxy y cdma today I try to install firefox aurora 21 after install I see new apps icon GOOGLE SETTINGS (screen capture attach) what use of this and how to uninstall ....

post-11343-0-86411000-1361956080_thumb.p

Edited by kk999