Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manivannan

How To Connect When Rconnect Installation Fails

"This is the outcome of reading several postings in this forum. My effort is only in putting the pieces of information together as a step-by-step procedure. I have tried to write it in the for-dummies style. Jeeks, please forgive."

If you are using a third-party USB cable RConnect installation may fail to detect your phone as a modem. This is what you can do to bypass the RConnect dialer installation. (RConnect software is merely a dialer that gives you some statistics like duration of the connection, amount of data sent/received etc. You don't lose anything by not using it.) It worked with my LG RD 5130 phone, Windows XP with Service Pack 1 and a third-party USB cable with Prolific 2303 chip. I guess the same procedure should work with any other handset and OS combination too.

Just do these three simple(!) steps:

(0) Select a working USB port in your computer. Check the port with some other USB device. Make sure that it works before trying anything else.

(1) Connecting the Phone:

Connect the phone to the working USB port in your computer. Windows will detect new hardware and ask for a driver. Keep your CD ready in the drive and Windows will install the driver automatically. Then it should say that "the device is installed and ready to use". Now go to Control Panel -> System -> Device manager -> Ports. Note the COM port to which your phone has been connected. (This will be something like COM3 or COM4 depending on the ports in your computer.) If Windows does not detect any new hardware when you connect the phone go to Device Manager and tell it to "Scan for new hardware".

(2) Installing the Modem:

Now go to Control Panel -> Phones and Modems. Select Modems tab and "Add" a new modem. Tell windows *not* to detect your modem and that you will select it yourself. Then from the given options select the "standard 33600 bps modem" as your modem type. In the ports setting for the modem, select the COM port to which your phone is connected. Select 11500 in the 'Maximum port speed". Go to the advanced tab in the properties of the modem and enter this string: "ATZ;AT+CTA=30" (without quotes) in the "Extra initialization commands" box.

(3) Getting Connected:

In your phone, go to Settings -> Phone -> Data -> Baud rate and select 11500. Then add a new dial-up connection by going to "Network connections" in Windows. Tell Windows to use your standard 33600 bps modem (which you installed in step 2). Enter #777 the phone number to be dialled (including the # symbol). No area code, nothing. Enter your 10-digit reliance phone number (without zero) as the username and password. Save the connection. Open it again and click "Dial" or "Connect". You should get connected if both the USB port and the cable are fine. Your phone will first display the words "PPP data" and then start showing some statistics including the duration of the connection.

To disconnect, open the connection window and click "Disconnect". You can also click on the connection status icon in your notification area (rightmost portion in the task-bar) and click "Disable" or "Disconnect".

To get statistics about the connection (duration, amount of data transferred etc.) you can see the "properties" of the connection.

If you face any problem with the above procedure then please post it here and I am sure that there are many people here to help you including myself.

Edited by manivannan

Dear manivannan,

Thanks a lot for reply. I am also reading the entire thread on 5130 installation failed. I also tried through modem log and Hyper theminal but modem log is showing like this

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\unimdm.tsp, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\unimdmat.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\uniplat.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\drivers\modem.sys, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - File: C:\WINNT\system32\modemui.dll, Version 5.0.2195 - Retail

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem type: Standard 33600 bps Modem

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem inf path: mdmgen.inf

02-18-2005 19:07:42.604 - Modem inf section: Gen336

02-18-2005 19:07:42.714 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:42.734 - Initializing modem.

02-18-2005 19:07:42.734 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:42.744 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - The modem failed to respond to the initialization command, Retrying one more time

02-18-2005 19:07:44.737 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:44.757 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:44.767 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - The modem failed to respond to the initialization command, Retrying one more time

02-18-2005 19:07:46.770 - 115200,8,N,1, ctsfl=1, rtsctl=2

02-18-2005 19:07:46.780 - DSR is low while initializing the modem. Verify modem is turned on.

02-18-2005 19:07:46.790 - Send: AT<cr>

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Timed out waiting for response from modem

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Session Statistics:

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Reads : 0 bytes

02-18-2005 19:07:48.793 - Writes: 9 bytes

I walk into LG wokshop and ask them to check my modem and they found it is working fine on their machine. Now i think my data cable is not working any more. Is their any way to check data cable.

Nazir

Hi Nazir,

Looks like your cable is not working. Since you bought it on Baazee you can report that the product is faulty and ask for a replacement. I bought from the same seller (Nisha-online) via Baazee and got my first cable replaced because it was not working. The first cable I got was from IndCables; then they sent me another cable from Enter Multimedia. It works with the standard 33600 bps modem as I have explained in the posting. It also works with linux (after a kernel recompilation - if you use some latest version of linux you won't need to recompile the kernel).

mani

Hi Nazir,

You can try the data-sync software (for your phone) with your cable to see if it works. You can download the sync software from your phone manufacturer's website.

mani

My FWP does not get detected automatically. I use Win XP Pro and have tried out both the COM and USB cables. Please help!!!

Just in case someone is having the same problem with LG LSP 340E, one must enter

AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

instead of

ATZ;AT+CTA=30

in the "Extra initialization commands" box to be able to get it functioning.

Thanks Mannivan for your wonderful "clue".

(0) Select a working USB port in your computer. Check the port with some other USB device. Make sure that it works before trying anything else.

(1) Connecting the Phone:

Connect the phone to the working USB port in your computer. Windows will detect new hardware and ask for a driver. Keep your CD ready in the drive and Windows will install the driver automatically. Then it should say that "the device is installed and ready to use". Now go to Control Panel -> System -> Device manager -> Ports. Note the COM port to which your phone has been connected. (This will be something like COM3 or COM4 depending on the ports in your computer.) If Windows does not detect any new hardware when you connect the phone go to Device Manager and tell it to "Scan for new hardware".

(2) Installing the Modem:

Now go to Control Panel -> Phones and Modems. Select Modems tab and "Add" a new modem. Tell windows *not* to detect your modem and that you will select it yourself. Then from the given options select the "standard 33600 bps modem" as your modem type. In the ports setting for the modem, select the COM port to which your phone is connected. Select 11500 in the 'Maximum port speed". Go to the advanced tab in the properties of the modem and enter this string: "ATZ;AT+CTA=30" (without quotes) in the "Extra initialization commands" box.

------------------------------------

If you face any problem with the above procedure then please post it here and I am sure that there are many people here to help you including myself.

26847[/snapback]

Dear Friend thanks for your valuable suggesition. I have one question on that. Is this 33600 bps modem is also working with 6000,6130,7130 h/s models and what about 2130.2030,2230 h/s. Please let us know about this.

I have LG 5130 Not Able to connect to R-world What may be the issue. I am getting the error some hard ware failer.

In my system LG LSP 340E is installed and today i tried to install the LG RD 2030, but it not install with the Rconnect wizard, so I try to installing manually but agter installation when i try to connect I am getting error " Error 692 : There was a hardware failure in the modem ( or any connecting device). Please tell me how to solve this problem.

And please also tell is it possible to connect both the phones at the same time and use double bandwidth speed of reliance.

In my system LG LSP 340E is installed and today i tried to install the LG RD 2030, but it not install with the Rconnect wizard, so I try to installing manually but agter installation when i try to connect I am getting error " Error 692 : There was a hardware failure in the modem ( or any connecting device). Please tell me how to solve this problem.

And please also tell is it possible to connect both the phones at the same time and use double bandwidth speed of reliance.

31376[/snapback]

Dear ashras99,

Ummm can you be little more specific about the problem you are having and

can you give us some more information regarding your setup, like the com/usb

port your phone is connected, what sort of cable you are using and what chipset

being used in ur cable ...... ..............

Hey guyz can we define some norms for what information should be given

while seeking solutions, so that we can nail down the problem ASAP instead

of lurking through the endless .....

<m> ====>>> thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssssssssss

<s> <<<==== ghhhhhhhhhhhhsssssssssssssssss

<m> ====>>> mmmbbboooooooooooooooooooo

<s> <<<==== dumbooooooooooooooooooooooo

and so on ..........................................

I am using Reliance Original USB cable of RD 2030. Windows XP SP1 is installed. LSP 340E is also installed properly and connected and trying to connect RD 2030 (Port Com14) at the same time and want to use the power of 2 connections at the same time. That's it.

I am using Reliance Original USB cable of RD 2030. Windows XP SP1 is installed. LSP  340E is also installed properly and connected and trying to connect RD 2030 (Port Com14) at the same time and want to use the power of 2 connections at the same time. That's it.

31386[/snapback]

Dear ashras99,

What you want is known as PPP multilink facility, following documents

may help you to fix up the things.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...;307849&sd=tech

http://help.expedient.com/dialup/multilink_windowsxp.shtml

http://homepage.avonil.net/support/connect...ultilink/winXP/

http://www.mainpine.com/linebonding.html

For the cable part I would like to inform you that relaince dont manufacture

any cable, but they do market someone else cable, and I have seen 4 different

chipsets being used in there cables. BTW what driver are you using for that cable

, Is there any other programs running that is using the specified com port at the

the same time, LG-Sync software is notorious for grabbing the full lock over the

com port by default. Give me some more information regarding the cipset/driver.

Cheers ..............................

I only know that I am using Reliance original USB cable bought from Webworld. And model no. is LG-USB4000, Made in korea.

Another thing is anyone tried connecting with two connections of Reliance at the same time. Because we dont know Reliance support synchronization of multiple modems or not.

So, please guide me little more.

I only know that I am using Reliance original USB cable bought from Webworld. And model no. is LG-USB4000, Made in korea.

Another thing is anyone tried connecting with two connections of Reliance at the same time. Because we dont know Reliance support synchronization of multiple modems or not.

So, please guide me little more.

31405[/snapback]

Dear ashras99,

You dont need to worry about the modem synchronization at the reliance end,

what you need to configure is to bandwidth load balancing thing on ur xp.

Yep I have tried 2 simultaneos connection with r-connect on the linux and it

works quite good increasing the total bandwidth to around 1.75% on average.

The phone I used is samsung sc-191 and lg-rd2130.

Ok tell me few things, do you have driver cd with your cable, and if you have then

please post file with *.inf extension, that will be enough to know the chipset being

used in ur cable.

Cheers .......................................

I dont know which is the exact inf file, but i am posting few of them.

31439[/snapback]

Dear ashras99,

The driver you are using is outdated, please download

driver from the link geven below, uninstall you old driver

and install the new one. I hope this will fix your problem,

if it wont then we will do some debugging to nail down the

problem, but first of all upgrade your driver.

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/FT232-FT24...in/R9052154.zip

The latest Release version

1.00.2154 (April 20, 2004)

Fixed initialization problem on WinXP SP1.

Fixed IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_DTRRTS.

Version you have

1.00.2101 (February 1, 2002)

Fixed problem that resulted in some devices not coming out of hibernate.

Fixed divide-by-zero problem zero baud rate.

Cheers .....................

Hello Everybody

I am using LG LSP 340e in SuSE Linux 9.3,

i used this init string AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3.

but i can't conect at first attempt, it takes 4 to 5 attempts,

but in Windows it would conect at first attempt,

what it would be?

Hello Everybody

what it would be?

31587[/snapback]

Dear Raghugs,

Which program are you using to get connected is it kppp ?

What message do you get when you try to connect. There

is nothing wrong with the init string, but kppp and few other

programs are notorious for making some false assumption

about the modem you have, I have some patch for kppp to nail down

the same, but please provide some more information as requested

so we can fix the problem.

Cheers .............................

Hello Everybody

what it would be?

31587[/snapback]

Dear Raghugs,

Which program are you using to get connected is it kppp ?

What message do you get when you try to connect. There

is nothing wrong with the init string, but kppp and few other

programs are notorious for making some false assumption

about the modem you have, I have some patch for kppp to nail down

the same, but please provide some more information as requested

so we can fix the problem.

31599[/snapback]

Hello

i had problems in both KPPP and WVDial,

KPPP would stops at initializing modem,

but i sorted out this problem fiddling in advanced settings in KPPP, such as preinit, postinit timing etc

WVDial shows totaly irreleven error message such as stdin not read/write and $Modem not set,

don't think i didn't correctly configured WVDial, because after showing this error message for 4 to 5 times it would connect fine,

do you have any solution?

Hello

but i sorted out this problem fiddling in advanced settings in KPPP, such as preinit, postinit timing etc

WVDial shows totaly irreleven error message such as stdin not read/write and $Modem not set,

don't think i didn't correctly configured WVDial, because after showing this error message  for 4 to 5 times it would connect fine,

31656[/snapback]

Dear raghugs,

Please post your wvdial.conf file and can u tell which version of

wvdial and libwvstreams you are using.

Cheers ......................................

Hello

don't think i didn't correctly configured WVDial, because after showing this error message  for 4 to 5 times it would connect fine,

31656[/snapback]

Dear raghugs,

Please post your wvdial.conf file and can u tell which version of

wvdial and libwvstreams you are using.

Cheers ......................................

31674[/snapback]

Dear dacodecz

my wvdial version is wvdial-1.54-68

it seems libwvstreams is not installed as a seperate package in my system, it comes with wvdial package, its file version is libwvstreams.so.4.0

here is my wvdial.conf

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

[Dialer Defaults]

Modem = /dev/ttyS0

Baud = 115200

Init1 = AT+CRM=1;$LGPKT=3

Init2 =

Init3 =

Area Code =

Phone = #777

Username = my phone number

Password = my phone number

Ask Password = 0

Dial Command = ATDT

Stupid Mode = 1

Compuserve = 0

Force Address =

Idle Seconds = 0

DialMessage1 =

DialMessage2 =

ISDN = 0

Auto DNS = 1

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

avaiting your reply

Dear dacodecz

it seems libwvstreams is not installed as a seperate package in my system, it comes with wvdial package, its file version is libwvstreams.so.4.0

here is my wvdial.conf

[Dialer Defaults]

Modem = /dev/ttyS0

Baud = 115200

Init2 =

Init3 =

Area Code =

Phone = #777

Ask Password = 0

Dial Command = ATDT

Stupid Mode = 1

Compuserve = 0

Force Address =

Idle Seconds = 0

DialMessage1 =

DialMessage2 =

ISDN = 0

Auto DNS = 1

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

avaiting your reply

31861[/snapback]

Dear Raghugs,

Ok your wvdial/libwvstreams version seems ok, can you execute the

following command and post the corresponding wvdial.log.

strace wvdial 2>&1 | tee wvdial.log

Dear dacodecz

here is my wvdial.conf

[Dialer Defaults]

Modem = /dev/ttyS0

Baud = 115200

Init2 =

Init3 =

Area Code =

Phone = #777

Ask Password = 0

Dial Command = ATDT

Stupid Mode = 1

Compuserve = 0

Force Address =

Idle Seconds = 0

DialMessage1 =

DialMessage2 =

ISDN = 0

Auto DNS = 1

avaiting your reply

31861[/snapback]

Dear Raghugs,

Ok your wvdial/libwvstreams version seems ok, can you execute the

following command and post the corresponding wvdial.log.

strace wvdial 2>&1 | tee wvdial.log

31868[/snapback]

Hello

sorry for very late reply,

i found my problem.

my problem is my LG LSP 340e phone requiers small delay before sending init string,

in KPPP there is options for increasing pre-init delay.

how can i set pre-init delay in WVDial without using chatt script?

i am asking this because i am using SUSE 9.3 it uses kinternet. kinternet uses smpppd,

smpppd uses wvdial. using chat script for it breaks everything that depend on wvdial.

so if pre-init delay can be increasable via wvdial.conf it would be nice,

expecting your reply