Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thilak.kmb

Help - Heavy Billing after using 2 days of data on HTC EVO 4G

I have this HTC EVO 4G activated on RCOM only recently. The data was activated on 18th july only and as this is not by regular number I kept it switched off till 21st. I used this phone only on 22nd and 23rd (when I went to Ooty for a meeting) with very normal usage ( no downloads, no browsing) incl gps and mail checking.

Today 24th morning I recd msg that my O/G is disconnected due to high usage. I am back home and checked rcom site and found that My unbilled usage is 1253/ and exceeds my credit limit.

Incidentally I checked my unbilled usage for this number on 20th and it was Rs.008/ only ( yes eight only).

I shall pay the bill when due.

Now friends and experts pls suggest me what is wrong here. Is there any thing wrong in the settings of the phone?. I think I am on default post paid Rconnect plan .

My main concern here is how to avoid it in future?

My idea of activating the HTC is to take this phone with me when I go out of station so that I can check mails and other things when away. But with this kind of billing ( in two days of usage)I will discontinue this number.

Any suggestions ????????

Thanks in advance.

You are using a very good handset.

Based on your requirement, I can suggest you one cheap alternative for internet use on your handset. You can use any 3G usb modem with a portable wifi router and access internet on your handset over wifi. That will greatly reduce your mobile internet usage bill.

@thilak.kmb

Are you sure you're on default post paid Rconnect Plan? Because that much billing of approx Rs 1,200 is quite high. But the default plan i think also charges on per session basis even if you haven't consumed 1 MB in an individual session. If you're on Rworld plan with Network Usage Charges, your cost will be Rs 5 per MB. In that case, 240MB of usage may be possible, still looks difficult based on what you describe.

There are lots of apps which use data in the background, synching without you even using anything if you are going to keep your data on 24x7.

Just as an immediate safety measure, keep your Data disabled by default, use it only when needed and again immediately disable. This would prevent any background download/sync.

And also find out about your plan.

You are using a very good handset.

Based on your requirement, I can suggest you one cheap alternative for internet use on your handset. You can use any 3G usb modem with a portable wifi router and access internet on your handset over wifi. That will greatly reduce your mobile internet usage bill.

:NO::SI::NO::SI::help::Ohhhh:

If you are going for 3G usb modem with a portable wifi router & think of selling EVO 4G as your basic need of checking mails will be fulfilled with the 3USB modem, so if you plan to sell your EVO 4G , then count me in.

Thanks...

Call up CC and confirm which Data Plan is active on your number.

Might be you are on some time based Data plan where you are charged for per minute usage.

I think ur mobile is programmed on MDN

as a result u will be charged 60p/min

Even if by mistake data is kept on

U will be paying Rs864 for 24hrs

If u are not using netconnect plan don't configure mobile with MDN

...your basic need of checking mails will be fulfilled with the 3USB modem...

How man? I was suggesting him to access internet over wifi on his hTc EVO only. So no question of selling it off to you :Contento:

I think ur mobile is programmed on MDN

as a result u will be charged 60p/min

Even if by mistake data is kept on

U will be paying Rs864 for 24hrs

If u are not using netconnect plan don't configure mobile with MDN

My guess is that Parin and Pankaj are right.I will get it confirmed tomorrow. It was seven hundred and odd at 10 AM and nine hundred and odd at 6PM. I became 1200 in the next morning and o/g gone.

Any way thanks for the others who shared my concern.

A LESSON LEARNT. :P

Edited by thilak.kmb