Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
arnuld

Qwerty vs Touch

This is the link http://betainfo.swype.com/t/r/l/tjtddkl/mjrvlrhi/t/

And this is the content in the email that I received.

Swype Beta for Androidâ„¢ - Gestures, Personal Dictionary Management, and more!

As an active user of the Swype Beta, we're giving you PRE-RELEASE access to the latest version before we make it available to new users.

This release of Swype BETA includes 2 new features, and the introduction of Swype Connect

We are very excited to give you a first look at our two newest features: Swype Gestures and Personal Dictionary Management. Gestures give you quick access to some of the most common tasks on your phone, such as editing (cut/copy/paste/select all), tweeting and maps (highlight text and send it straight to Twitter/Google Maps/Facebook). Personal Dictionary Management lets you manage the words that you add to your Swype dictionary directly through the settings menu.

Check out our latest YouTube videos for a quick introduction to the new features of Swype v3.25

Swype Connect allows us to verify the license of each version of Swype without using a separate installer, and lets us gather important statistics about how our users interact with Swype so we can continue to improve its accuracy. Swype Connect will bring increased license stability, improved accuracy, and opens the door for some amazing new features in the future. Please read this important message about Swype Connect, statistics collection, and privacy.

How do I update?

You have two options for updating...

1. If you have SwypeInstaller on your device, just uninstall any previous version of Swype BETA then launch the SwypeInstaller. It will update itself and guide you through getting the newest version of Swype. Make sure you choose one of the PRE-RELEASE downloads to get this new version!

2. If you DON'T have SwypeInstaller on your device, download the new Swype Installer & Beta here. (By downloading the Swype Installer you agree to Swype's Terms and Conditions.) Make sure you uninstall any previous versions of Swype first!

Click here for detailed step-by-step installation instructions.

Please read the BETA FAQ HERE if you have any install issues - Including if you forgot your login password.

What's changed?

For the full scoop on the latest version of the beta, including changelog and some thoughts from the Swype Team, see the announcement on our forums.

How do I get help?

SwypeInc does not guarantee support for the BETA, however we will do our best to assist where we can. To get help, first read the BETA FAQ, and if you still have questions, post in the troubleshooting section of our forums. Please make sure that you read the HOW-TO before posting.

Our forums are not just for issues! If you have feedback or other questions, please visit them to share your thoughts, see what other people are saying, and check for answers!

Thanks again for your help and support,

-The Swype Team

Well, I got clearer about my priorities and requirements over time:

• Basic phone with nice User Interface.
  • No Wi-Fi, 3G and other hi-fi stuff. I never even used GPRS in my phone till date.
  • No need to worry about phone camera. Will buy a digital camera of 5K, so that I can print photos too.
  • checked out Android phones, and noticed they use too much of apps. The screen is full of useless stuff (for me). I just need interface with messages, call log, contacts, settings, bluetooth and calculator, mp3/ogg ringtones and thats it.

So I had a list of handsets like Samsung Ch@t 3222, LG GW300, LG C310, Samsung corby TEXT etc and I bought NOKIA X2-01 in the end for 3050/- from HotSpot mobiles in Secunderabad (Hyderabad). I still like my old NOKIA 1280, except that fact that I hate it sooooo much for its speaker is at the back.

NOTE: NOKIA X2-01's first impression is: QWERTY keypad is good and upper buttons to make/accept calls and center select button, all feel quite hard but what else you expect at such a price. Quite large screen size it has.

Edited by arnuld

Same question killed me for manydays so I went fully touch with a qwerty keyboard,,but now I rarely use my keyboard, touch will lock u in its charm in no time :-P

Same question killed me for manydays so I went fully touch with a qwerty keyboard,,but now I rarely use my keyboard, touch will lock u in its charm in no time :-P

If you say so then Android with SWYPE will be my next move :)