Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ramtech

Request For Suggestions On Hathway Set-top Box

Dear friends

I want to go for Hathway settop box to be added to existing cable connection. It is costing Rs.1100. Channels increase for more than 150 with digital qualilty equal to DTH connection .monthly bill will be Rs.130 instead of Rs.400(for DTH)( and no disturbance due to rains).

Now what i want know is , I heard that Hathway also has HD settop box.I could not get the details locally.

I request the members to provide details on Hathway HD settop box.

Also provide difference between Cable through settop box and DTH connection.

Thanks in advance

I used Hathway setup box for almost 3 years. picture quality is worse but then rates are very cheap and cant complain. my cable guy changed it to Digicable.

The major difference between cable STB and DTH is quality. Cable STB comes through old cable that you used to plug in directly in your TV. with STB you just put in STB and STB is connected to TV.

I do not agree with you that quality is at par with DTH.

i firstly agree with chirag.

i have also seen STB from local cable operator in my REGION. UCN Cable PVt Ltd, Nagpur.

Although box was made by CISCO company, but box quality was not good. after using TOSHIBA box from tata sky.

EVEN i didn't impressed with EPG function, and performance of remote.

DTH is far ahead of STB, Benefit is that u get additional channel with same cost.

Also outage due to rain can't be compared with cable.

In my area i find cable signal lost more frequently.

The company also launched HD box, But was not having all HD channel (total 7), and they were asking Rs 75 extra.