Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
rajanmehta

BSNLl Introduces Nationwide Free Choice Number Scheme Online

BSNL Introduces Nationwide Free Choice Number Scheme Online

BSNL has recently introduced a scheme wherein you can select online one of your choice GSM number and reserve it. Apparently there is no charge for this.

Go To This Website >> http://sancharsoft.b...oose_ur_no.html

• Choose Your Circle From The Map
  • Drag to unlock the webpage.
  • Select The Number of Your Choice from more than 1 Lac Available Numbers.

Further Procedure:

• The Customer can select any One GSM Mobile number of his choice from the available numbers. On his/her selection of choice number (Max. No 1) the customer will get an SMS with a PIN of 7 Digits Valid for 72.hrs Only. The customer need to input the 7 digit PIN in the web site confirming the selection is over and taken.
  • Now the customer is free to approach the nearest Customer Service Center or Franchisee and inform him the Mobile Number and PIN received to get the selected choice number accross the counter by submitting the requisite Documents and completing the formalities of release of New Connection.

Enjoy.

no choice of vanity nos. though :(

It is up there for quite some time now and all the good numbers have been exhausted.

Also, BSNL did not include the vanity numbers into this offer as mentioned by Aalok above.

Anyways, BSNL has succeeded to sell out a few lakh numbers already through this scheme after its launch. In AP circle itself, where it was first introduced, about 1.5 lakh numbers have been sold.

It was there in AP circle since November but nationwide has been introduced just last week i suppose.

Starting to choose a good number after a week's time is quite a long delay (considering BSNL is offering it for free). There is no good number left I suppose. I tried a day after it was launched, there was almost none. It was my experience in West Bengal circle. Anybody can try it in other circles.

no good nos. in UPE too.. however i did mail to DGM (Sales) for a vanity no. on last wednesday and, to my surprise, got response from JTO (Sales) in just two days that my choice no. is available.. going to get that in a day or two..

Can we switch to other operator for these chosen numbers through MNP after three months?

YES ^^^

In mumbai its mtnl so mumbaikars won't be able to get it right??

It is available in TN for more than two months. As I wanted a gsm number similar to the one I am using I got a number of my choice. But dont expect any fancy number.