Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KanagaDeepan

Making Your Bsnl Teracom Modem To Accept All 3G/2G Sims

I am starting this topic as usual after testing by myself (and as usual on my friend's device :P )... This is NOT like unlocking a modem using code or flashing.. This trick was posted by some nice guys in some-other forum and I am just sharing here after trying myself.. As usual all credits goes to them and am sure, I don't deserve +1 for this topic also... As usual I am posting the source(s) and video demo also...

The Tera-Com modem is actually UnLocked in real... It is the "BSNL 3G.exe" dialler which is locked and it closes itself when it finds Non-BSNL SIM... To overcome this we have the following two options:-

1) Make the Dialer to behave itself using a registry tweak either manual or auto by reg file (1b)

2) Use original Dialer of that Modem

Solution 1 (a) :-

Open Regedit.exe (Press WinKey + R and type regedit)... Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE--->SOFTWARE--->Linktop3G and double-click the key "Engineer" and change it to 0 from 1 .. Now your BSNL dialer will behave itself and accepts all SIMs and never closes... Just add new profiles for the particular SIM and use it... The only problem here is "THE NETWORK always shows as BSNL" though the modem actually catches the network of the SIM...

Solution 1 ( B) :-

The same process above can be automated by a .reg file.. Just download this bsnl3g-fix.reg.txt file and remove the .txt extension (I am NOT allowed to upload this type of file).. Just double-click it one and the Engineer Key is reset and you can enjoy TeraCom modem using SIMs of all networks...

Solution 2 :-

Download this dialer Another Teracom Dialler U302.exe and install it.. It will itself reset the Engineer key and you can use both BSNL dialer or this dialer to connect...

EDIT:- Adding two new ideas below...

P.S. :-

Tough this trick will just unlock the Modem usage on single computer, it has one good advantage... Once this patch is applied, you can use any BSNL tera-com modem in your computer then, as dialer in the comp was patched...

Better Idea to use it in any computer is just use a microSD card on the TeraCom SD slot and copy the .reg and new dialer apps on it... When need arises to use this data card in new computer, just use the patch on the microSD card...

Again tried and tested by me... Thanks...

Video Demo Here

Source Link 1

Source Link 2

Edited by KanagaDeepan
  • Like 7

Good One! First time hearing 'Bsnl Teracom Modem' - makes one interested to experiment. Pls. keep it up. Though you mentioned that don't deserve +1 for you - I feel that you very much deserve +1 for sharing the details.

Tough this trick will just unlock the Modem usage on single computer, it has one good advantage... Once this patch is applied, you can use any BSNL tera-com modem in your computer then, as dialer in the comp was patched...

Better Idea to use it in any computer is just use a microSD card on the TeraCom SD slot and copy the .reg and new dialer apps on it... When need arises to use this data card in new computer, just use the patch on the microSD card...

Again tried and tested by me... Thanks...