Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Maulik.Parekh

Google Maps V6.0.3 World Navigation For Unroot/unhacked Phone

Sorry if i m posting duplicate info .. I tried this and it works here in Mumbai with correct navigation.

Down load from : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1401236

Recent changes:

6.0.1 – 6.0.3

Bug fixes for newer devices

* Indoor maps (beta) are now available for select airports, shopping malls, and more. Learn more at g.co/indoormaps

* Menu added to the top toolbar for easy switching between common features.

* Updated home screen for Places, now with popular searches based on your location.

* Option to disable automatic screen dimming for Navigation.

Google Maps v6.0.3 ownhere Mod - With World Navigation activated

This map is for the country that cant use navigation on google map. It has been hacked and can be used by any country now.

Features:

worldwide navigation using Google Maps Directions

map tiles caching on SD card

force-enable MT. If you're on Eclair or some custom Donut and don't have multitouch zooming, then maybe this will enable it.

force-enable Buzz feature

fix for map shift issue in China

option to hide zoom buttons

installable on non-rooted devices

• Like 7

Thanks. Shall give it a try

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk

Sure why not .. just make sure that you will see 2 map apps and then u will have to select the correct for navigation. I hve tried it works.

Superb all own where apk was replacement APK so we have to delete old maps.apk from /system/app folder wipes its data and load new Apps as it was sharing same name space

Brut have released maps in 4.6 which have renamed namespace and co-exist with original APK which can not be deleted

I welcome same concept in 6.0.3 RANAMED namespace, (This MAPS can Coexist with Original Maps app - No Need to Delete OLD)

All Verison above 5.0 uses

• Vector Graphics - maps rather then Images in 4.6 which make them lot lot more fast to draw and download and easy store on sdcard
  • Offline Navigation - Cahched Maps - Another good thing is we can download some Navigation and alternate routes to SDCard before we start navigating so if in between we loose connectivity we will not loose the Tracks
  • Building Tracking only for USA Big Buildings and Stores
  • Navigation via Public Transports in Mumbai, Banglore, Delhi, Chennai etc

Just download the said APK and always keep it in your SDCard downloaded APK folders for easy reference

Hi I am new to this , do i need to delete existing google map on my andriod galaxy-s , and install the new one from the link given above ,

Gurus kindly guide.

No you do not need to delete. Just install this

Thanks

+1 mate...working superbly...first time I am enjoying voice guided navigation....

+1 Maulik Parekh

Successfully installed. will make a try in year end trip ...

:)

thanks

I did install. However, it does not log automatically to my google account or there is conflict with the previous version.

Installing on a rooted defy running ice cream sandwich

I did install. However, it does not log automatically to my google account or there is conflict with the previous version.

Installing on a rooted defy running ice cream sandwich

Sorry dont know about Ice Cream Sandwich... but when I opened for the first time I got notification asking me to allow permission for this app to use my current google account. I did not notice it as that notification did not come on the notification panel but was silent in the background .. When I looked at it I simply hit allow and then all was well ... New Maps would add to my current G-acount.

Run on rooted Motorola Photon running Stock ROM 2.3.4 with all updates installed.

Maybe u can check for silent notifications in background.

^

Yes, On allowing it (3 different authentications), it runs flawlessly with current Gmail account.

Running successfully on Unrooted Sprint Samsung Galaxy S2 (SPH-D710)

For those who get the "Login Failed" message, Pull down the status bar and press all three triangles and give permission, then close and restart Maps.

Edited by dkaile

+1 mate...working superbly...first time I am enjoying voice guided navigation....

Installed but no Voice guided Navigation - pls. help

^^^ 1. Open Map

2. Hit menu button select "Directions"

3. Type Your desired destination and hit Get Direction. Let map select the route.

4. Then you can see Navigation triangle button on top right corner. Hit it and its done.

There may be other methods also but I used it this way.

Edited by amit.shippie

:previous: Thanks Mr. Amit Kumar - got it. Amazing!

After the login problem was solved, I get an error TTS engine has stopped working.

remove the engine and reinstall it. It goes fine then. Are you using PICO TTS? I added ivona and talking about it.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk