Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
volstagg

Gprs Problem During Call

Hi guys. I'm having an unique problem with my motorola photon 4g during a call .whenever I receive a call the "e" icon disappears .only after the call is completed does the icon reappear again. Is this the same for other photon users as well ? Any feedback in this regard will be helpful.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

^^^

This is common among many other handsets, not sure about Photon specifically. Your packet data gets inactive while you are on call and gets active only when you end the call.

Can confirm what Kamal ji said. Your Photon is working as it should.

Is volstagg discussing about GSM part of Photon? I presume it is about GSM as he has mentioned EDGE or GPRS.

This happens also in hTc Incredible 2 with CDMA (I'm using MTS on it) or Samsung Galaxy Pop CDMA - data gets blocked (only voice 1X remains) when voice call is initiated and data gets restored after the call ends.

This is technology problem not handset problem .. u can try with other handsets too .. it will be same ..

Only in 3G it is possible to have voice and data simultaneously. On my photon 3G data and voice works at same time .. with 2g when i have a voice call ... data gets disconnected i.e. 'E' disappears ..

Thank you for all the responses. Good to know.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

While on EDGE/GPRS, when a call comes, data will be put on hold and NOT disconnected.... After disconnecting the call, the data resumes automatically...

This is the way GPRS works and has nothing to do with your model of handset