Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pasumark

Idea Tamilnadu - Intra Circle Roaming

Idea TN has announced differential tariffs for using the mobile in Idea coveraged towns and other ICR (Intra circle Roaming) towns.

For example, in Voucher RC14, all local mobile calls will be charged 30p in Idea towns and 40p in ICR. The list of Idea towns and ICR are provided in their website.

So here afterwards, the coverage of GSM services will improve dramatically even though we need to pay a little more.

How will our RCDMA react to this? Because there are places in Tamilnadu, where RCDMA has no coverage and GSM operators are there.

^^^^^

It also means that Idea (also RGsm and Docomo too) is NOT going to increase the number of towers or coverage... But atleast Docomo doesn't provide such differential tariff like idea...

Simple

Intercircle and Intracircle are adding more confusion.

Operator are now penalizing customer, bcoz they dont have tower in ur prefered location in state.

Sent from my HuaweiU8300 using Tapatalk

Edited by me_saket

ICR is a good concept adopted by the operators in order to provide the customer uninterrupted network without investing huge amount in putting up orphan sites. However tariff differentiation was not part of the initial strategy which has got nod from the regulator. Hope TRAI is listening.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk